No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought MSI were supposed to 15 minutes? Admittedly I haven't actually clocked the timing but they feel more like half an hour, at least, this year.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• O'Sullivan doesn't seem to care for Wilson much, does he? :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        O'Sullivan doesn't seem to care for Wilson much, does he? :smile:
        No? You must've read or heard something I haven't.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

O'Sullivan doesn't seem to care for Wilson much, does he? :smile:
          Well, that's unusual isn't it.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• I mean, he is usually very quick to praise everyone in his role as a pundit, coming up with all kinds of over-the-top superlatives, but he was equally quick to downplay Kyren Wilson's chances of winning this World Championship just now. He said that his positional play isn't good enough and that just "picking up the pieces" is probably not enough to win the title. He also said the Hawkins would have beaten him if he played a little bit better. :smile:

I also seem to remember a discussion they had in the studio at one of the events a few months ago, when O'Sullivan was talking about his favourites for the WC and someone suggested Wilson, and O'Sullivan was very reluctant to include him. I'm not saying he dislikes him personally, but I get the feeling he just doesn't have much respect for his game. :smile:

Comment

• I tend to agree. Granted he irritates me, but that has no reflection on my opinion of his game, and I just don't reckon it. He can grind, but so what? What else does he have?

Comment

I mean, he is usually very quick to praise everyone in his role as a pundit, coming up with all kinds of over-the-top superlatives, but he was equally quick to downplay Kyren Wilson's chances of winning this World Championship just now. He said that his positional play isn't good enough and that just "picking up the pieces" is probably not enough to win the title. He also said the Hawkins would have beaten him if he played a little bit better. :smile:

I also seem to remember a discussion they had in the studio at one of the events a few months ago, when O'Sullivan was talking about his favourites for the WC and someone suggested Wilson, and O'Sullivan was very reluctant to include him. I'm not saying he dislikes him personally, but I get the feeling he just doesn't have much respect for his game. :smile:
                Interesting thoughts from Ronnie. Didn't see it, so thanks for sharing.
                He actually points at the main thing that prevents me from putting Wilson into the highest tier of players as well.

Comment

• Kyren Wilson is a bit like Graeme Dott. Graeme Dott doesn't annoy me, so... go Dave!

By the way... Dave Gilbert is just playing some pretty nice frames of snooker there.
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• This is what I hear when Shaun Murphy is commentating.

Comment

• Can't believe Garry missed that pink, should've been 3 up. Fascinating tussle this....

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        I tend to agree. Granted he irritates me, but that has no reflection on my opinion of his game, and I just don't reckon it. He can grind, but so what? What else does he have?
                        Don't be a bandwaggonist Billy. How does 5 centuries and 3 80+s when you're under the cosh grab you. As I said before, sometimes I don't understand what people want or expect from these guys.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...t/14071/696786

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Problem with cushions is the table heaters not giving uniform heating along the whole of the cushion, simple as that. Anyone who drives or rides a tyred vehicle knows that heat affects the rubber, same with rubber cushions on a snooker table. The cushion will have, cool, hot and warm spots and the bounce will vary accordingly as to where the table heater is in relation to the cushion.
                          They will ramp up the heat when there is damp in the air to reduce kicks and that will make the cushion problem worse, that table fitter cleaning the cushion with a cloth and brush made no bloody difference at all and he knew it but did what he was told.

We have tried almost napless cloths, table heaters, 1g balls, special ball polish, non kicking chalk (alledged) yet still the problems persist, when will world snooker learn that all these problems stem from trying to make those crap PR balls work as well as the old SC's.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            Don't be a bandwaggonist Billy. How does 5 centuries and 3 80+s when you're under the cosh grab you. As I said before, sometimes I don't understand what people want or expect from these guys.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...t/14071/696786

-
                            Maybe said irritation does have some reflection on my opinion then.

Comment

• Watching the 15th frame between Wilson and Gilbert and the yellow has gone close to its corner pocket. I can't remember who was at the table but they were snookered behind the yellow on an almost full pack of reds and Shaun Murphy in commentry said after the first failed attempt at an escape "He's not going to be penalised here so he can have as many attempts as he likes".

Shaun was clearly commenting on the fact the ref didn't call a miss and maybe I misunderstood the scenario but it seems like Shaun is implying that once the referee has not called a miss then it's certain he will not call a miss on all subsequent failed attempts. I know it would be unlikely to happen but this doesn't sound correct and 'technically' a referee could not call a miss and then call a miss on another attempt even if it's the same shot. As I say not likely for a referre to do that especially on the same escape route but I always thought it was the discretion of the ref. Even the same escape route could still be played in many different ways with spin and power that the ref might decide didn't come up to scratch that time and call a miss.
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                Problem with cushions is the table heaters not giving uniform heating along the whole of the cushion, simple as that. Anyone who drives or rides a tyred vehicle knows that heat affects the rubber, same with rubber cushions on a snooker table. The cushion will have, cool, hot and warm spots and the bounce will vary accordingly as to where the table heater is in relation to the cushion.
                                They will ramp up the heat when there is damp in the air to reduce kicks and that will make the cushion problem worse, that table fitter cleaning the cushion with a cloth and brush made no bloody difference at all and he knew it but did what he was told.

We have tried almost napless cloths, table heaters, 1g balls, special ball polish, non kicking chalk (alledged) yet still the problems persist, when will world snooker learn that all these problems stem from trying to make those crap PR balls work as well as the old SC's.
                                Never here of this happening on heated carom tables.

Comment

Working...
                                X