No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluke of the tournament so far: that Blue for Maguire...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
      Fluke of the tournament so far: that Blue for Maguire...
      If he had been on the receiving end of that he would have exploded.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        Is Wilson the new ‘ Angles ‘ ! , some absolutely brilliant escapes . Agree with the commentators , best ever seen escapes .
        Very good escapes, it was like bread and butter for Gary.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
          Jesus Christ that Brecel match is still going on, i thought it had ended a while back.
          I left the Crucible at 5.45pm because it was utterly turgid even at 9-8 - 3 hours later I tuned in to see why it was still going. Managed about 4 shots before realising it was actually worse than earlier and turned off.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            I left the Crucible at 5.45pm because it was utterly turgid even at 9-8 - 3 hours later I tuned in to see why it was still going. Managed about 4 shots before realising it was actually worse than earlier and turned off.
            I’ll never understand some snooker fans. That was proper snooker as far as I’m concerned.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• has Maguire gone back to the GBL cue with the 4x extra thick veneers or is this the Maximus he got about Oct last year?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                has Maguire gone back to the GBL cue with the 4x extra thick veneers or is this the Maximus he got about Oct last year?
                God only knows, he seems to have a cue for a few months then he switches. Could be either of the 2, possibly one of the higher end gbl cues.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  I’ll never understand some snooker fans. That was proper snooker as far as I’m concerned.
                  I'm quite happy watching safety battles, just not people making endless mistakes(Dott's final against Ebdon is the worst match I think I've ever seen) - Brecel still hasn't dropped his habit of hitting the ball at a thousand miles an hour and he compounded it with some awful cueball control today.
                  Last edited by gavpowell; 21 April 2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Lovey midnight finish today, but I just can't get rid of the feeling Tian was outplaying Maguire throughout the match... I guess Maguire was due some luck after losing 10-9 in the 1st round in 2013, 2014 and 2015. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      I'm quite happy watching safety battles, just not people making endless mistakes(Dott's final against Ebdon is the worst match I think I've ever seen) - Brecel still hasn't dropped his habit of hitting the ball at a thousand miles an hour and he compounded it with some awful cueball control today.
                      It baffles me how Brecel is ranked as high as he is, he seems to play well in spurts at best.

Comment

It baffles me how Brecel is ranked as high as he is, he seems to play well in spurts at best.
                        Yeah, 18 months ago it looked like he'd come of age and tempered his insane potting ability with some real patience, but he's still prone to thwacking everything. I love Trump's lunatic potting and shot selection, but he doesn't throw his cue at the shots, he at least tries to control them.

Comment

I think Luca is one of the more talented players on the tour but he strikes me as being very stubborn. His shot selection has improved but it’s pretty bad. I remember hearing Ronnie suggested shortening his bridge but he still plays with possibly the longest bridge on the tour. Beyond that I think his dedication to practice is not very consistent. I suspect when he gets results he then gets complacent which translates into the dip in form that we all see.

Comment

• Gary Wilson really impressed me how he finished off the final frame after this long, long safety battle. So determined, so accurate and flawless! To me he appears to be a wonderful bloke and I hope he gets very far in this tournament. Wouldn't it be the story of the year if he becomes world champion?

Comment

• It's hard to know why we cheer for some of the players and teams that we cheer for. I've been a Brecel fan ever since I saw him as a 16 year old, but sometimes he really annoys me and tests my patience. It's a testament to how talented he is, that he almost won that match yesterday despite making dozens of poor decisions and playing dozens of bad to terrible shots.

I don't know what the problem/answer is. I thought he had a coach that was supposed to teach him better tactics. Maybe this is who he is and will always be. A fringe top 16 player who occasionally makes a deep run in a tournament. Many players would love to be in that position, but I can't help but think that he's underachieving. Maybe he'll be like Barry Hawkins who took his lumps at the WC before finally figuring it out in his 30s.

Comment

• Luo Honghao becomes the first snooker player to play at The Crucible Theatre without winning a single frame and scores only 89 points in the whole match with a highest break of only 25. Three unwanted records for Luo. It must be an awful feeling getting whitewashed on the biggest snooker stage of them all.
                                Last edited by Mr Snooker; 22 April 2019, 10:14 AM.
                                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Working...
                                X