No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding played a lot better than Judd and deserves the lead.

I agree about pressure because of that half of the draw opening up. Judd hasn't got the bottle it seems and if he fails to reach the final, I wonder how damaging this will be to his confidence in the future.

Rightly or wrongly the top players are judged on their world championship wins and he is going down the same path as Jimmy. Though Jimmy at least had the bottle to reach six finals, I don't think Judd will even reach another given his performance.

The other matches are all poised for a dramatic finish. Hard to predict a winner in any of them.

Comment

• Can't believe that Judd Trump is cueing across the line of the shot so badly . The one where he mis-cued was bad , but the easy yellow he missed was shocking .
      Eurosport showed a number that he missed and you can clearly see that he is cueing across the shot .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Great session between Hawkins and Wilson yesterday. I felt Wilson should have even leveled the score as Hawkins played not well for most of the part. It was one of those sessions that occurr to Barry from time to time, where he starts missing balls and makes many mistakes. Wilson made a few of them himself at crucial times though. However 9-7 is a great base for a fantastic and close finish - and honestly I couldn't image anything else for this battle.

I saw the last two frames from Zhou. It was pleasuring to see how he hold his composure after losing that unlucky respotted black in a frame, that he probably felt he had already won. It's good to see him back at this level of play and I totally hope that he can get over the finish line, though I'm sure nerves will come to him near the end.

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
          Judd v Ding is like two elite wrestlers in the UFC having a stand up fight

The problem is they both know the draw has opened up so nicely and players who have been obstacles in the past (Ronnie and Selby) are out

Whoever gets through this match, regardless of how bad a quality it is, has a genuine chance at the title
          So Maguire'll be a pushover then?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            Ding played a lot better than Judd and deserves the lead.

I agree about pressure because of that half of the draw opening up. Judd hasn't got the bottle it seems and if he fails to reach the final, I wonder how damaging this will be to his confidence in the future.

Rightly or wrongly the top players are judged on their world championship wins and he is going down the same path as Jimmy. Though Jimmy at least had the bottle to reach six finals, I don't think Judd will even reach another given his performance.

The other matches are all poised for a dramatic finish. Hard to predict a winner in any of them.
            Bit harsh, I think Trump has the bottle but it's his technique which let's him down when under pressure. This striking across the cue ball if you look at it on the whole does work for him but unfortunately in situations of extreme pressure you have to rely on your technique more. It amazes me how he pots a high percentage of these long balls considering his technique is so flawed.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Can't believe that Judd Trump is cueing across the line of the shot so badly . The one where he mis-cued was bad , but the easy yellow he missed was shocking .
              Eurosport showed a number that he missed and you can clearly see that he is cueing across the shot .
              He has always done it and I guess it proves that if you don't aim properly and you have to adjust on the delivery its going to cost him throughout his career when under pressure, or as I believe, in conditions like this where the cloth is playing heavy. He often struggles in these conditions when a touch of unwanted side is exaggerated on a heavy cloth. This causes bad misses and drains your confidence and its the worst place to suffer as everything is magnified at the crucible. I guess he can't really change it this late in his career as its something he's done as a kid.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                He has always done it and I guess it proves that if you don't aim properly and you have to adjust on the delivery its going to cost him throughout his career when under pressure, or as I believe, in conditions like this where the cloth is playing heavy. He often struggles in these conditions when a touch of unwanted side is exaggerated on a heavy cloth. This causes bad misses and drains your confidence and its the worst place to suffer as everything is magnified at the crucible. I guess he can't really change it this late in his career as its something he's done as a kid.

He cannot find the centre of the white. I cue the same on a good day i can pot anything on a bad one you look like you never played before. Very hard to develop a B game as lining up conciously doesnt work. You have to allow yourself to just fall into it but pressure makes it a lot harder.

Comment

• His pot success is about the same as Ding's and no one mentions his technique. Trump is unconventional, but he's probably hit a million balls. For him, his cueing feels as natural as any other players. He's hit as many centuries as Selby in less time, and will be ahead of Robertson when he gets to that age. He's got a good chance of going passed 1000 like ronnie and will certainly go past Hendry. There's a more fundamental issue- I think his bottle is the problem. Same as Ding yesterday. Both their techiques went to crap.

Comment

• Judd looked like a world beater when he had his brother at his side. Haven't heard much about that partnership lately but he looks a different player to one who won the Masters. Nervous, worried, twitchy even.

Looks like he needs to find some fun in playing the game again, but easier said than done especially when you start to spray balls off cushions instead of at least finding the jaws.

I think timing is a key thing in Judds action, and it just isn't there at present.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I don't know why but I can't stand watching Kyren Wilson play for long... I'm just getting bored. Also I don't like his general demeanor. So... go Barry!
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                        I don't know why but I can't stand watching Kyren Wilson play for long... I'm just getting bored. Also I don't like his general demeanor. So... go Barry!
                        It's the baby side to side steps that he does while giving the cue shaft a wank that wear me down watching him play. He looks like his mum said he was allowed to play the shot.....

Oh and the way his feet point to each other like he needs the toilet...??

That's enough to be going on with.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          It's the baby side to side steps that he does while giving the cue shaft a wank that wear me down watching him play. He looks like his mum said he was allowed to play the shot.....

Know what you mean!
                          very annoying to watch, is it something Barry Stark has taught him?

I recall a coaching session with a Del Hill trained coach who wanted me to point one foot at the pocket you want to pot in and the other where the cue ball will go after contact; I felt like I was in an advanced yoga class; stopped doing it after less than 10mins with aching knees!
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• So can we agree for various reasons Kyren Wilson is the most annoying pro snooker player right now...?
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                              So can we agree for various reasons Kyren Wilson is the most annoying pro snooker player right now...?
                              Not for me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Know what you mean!
                                very annoying to watch, is it something Barry Stark has taught him?

I recall a coaching session with a Del Hill trained coach who wanted me to point one foot at the pocket you want to pot in and the other where the cue ball will go after contact; I felt like I was in an advanced yoga class; stopped doing it after less than 10mins with aching knees!
                                Not sure if it's all Barry taught Dean. But he seems to have lost some of the feel he used to play with before he adopted some of these robotic routines.

The pink in the first frame this afternoon and then the brown just now, seem to me to show he's losing some of his natural ability to play a shot with feel.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X