2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Stormwatch View Post
    Best WC final ever, my a%%...One sided match. We knew the winner from the first day. Some great shots from Trump though and it's always pleasant to watch Higgins taking a beating.
    Utter BS this, sorry. Higgins had to be favourite to win before the match, Judd had never won anything longer than a best of 9 against John. https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/...ins/judd-trump
    Higgins' performances up the final were by far more consisting and convincing than Trump's who just had two massive sessions against Ding and Maguire. I was actually pretty sure John would take this but then Judd showed up with ... this.

And all that talk of the BBC and everybody being hyperbolic about it Judds performance... just watch what Stephen Hendry said after the match, watch how genuinely baffled he was. Hendry is no one to go floridly raving about how great some snooker player is (like Ronnie sometimes does when he wants to... well I'll leave it you to judge what he actually wants).
    Judds performance in that final was something else. You may not like it, you may want to defend your heroes but that doesn't take anything away from it.
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stormwatch View Post
      Best WC final ever, my a%%...One sided match. We knew the winner from the first day. Some great shots from Trump though and it's always pleasant to watch Higgins taking a beating.
      agree...always nice to see higgins take a beating.. went off him ever since that infamous interview.. fortunate not to go the way of that other fat bandit

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Artful Dodger View Post
        agree...always nice to see higgins take a beating.. went off him ever since that infamous interview.. fortunate not to go the way of that other fat bandit
        No need for that. A few members have said they are staying away from the forums because of this kind of talk. You could have made your point without personal insults.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
          No need for that. A few members have said they are staying away from the forums because of this kind of talk. You could have made your point without personal insults.
          Dont the the issue.. same sort of build myself.. am fat and i know it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Artful Dodger View Post
            Dont the the issue.. same sort of build myself.. am fat and i know it.
            Oh well, if you meant it as a compliment that's different.........

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
              Just read that Judd had laser eye surgery at 17yo and again at 25yo, does this fall into the 'performance enhancing' category?

Similar to when Tiger Woods having laser eye surgery to give himself better than 20/20 vision, there was some controversy around that. I'd do the same if I could afford it mind

Just read the match stats again I was surprised at John's safety success % being lower than Judd's.

Those stats show it was certainly a superb performance from Judd, but we have seen even higher quality finals from individuals in the past (Hendry UK '94, WC '93/'94, O'Sullivan Masters '05, WC '04/'12/'13), I understand why BBC are pushing the hyperbole as they need to act in a fluffy PR way to promote the game to general viewers

I had it myself. I used to wear glasses and not the Dennis kind. My vision was only slightly off but enough for the balls to look blurry (couldn't see them sharply past 3 ft..the edges would be slighly blurry) if I played without my glasses.

Once I got laser - whole different ball game. It wasn't super expensive for me as i only needed a minor correction according to Lasik, which was great.

I will say that my vision was SUPER for about a month and then it came down a bit to normal. It is still 20/20 and going just over one year. got insurance for 5.

For anyone considering laser - I would HIGHLY recommend it no matter the cost. It truly is freedom if you hate glasses.
              My eyes would never settle with contacts on a good day, let alone play snooker so this was never an option.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                He needs the cue power because the countless times he's out of position he needs a power shot to recover the break. He's not a master break builder like O'Sullivan, Higgins, Hendry or Ding.
                cue tracker has ronnie on a century every 11 frames, trump has a century every 11 frames.
                Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Ding has a century every 12 frames ; hendry every 15 frames. so on this basis trump is actually a better break-builder than ding and hendry and on a par with ronnie.
                  Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                    Utter BS this, sorry. Higgins had to be favourite to win before the match, Judd had never won anything longer than a best of 9 against John. https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/...ins/judd-trump
                    Higgins' performances up the final were by far more consisting and convincing than Trump's who just had two massive sessions against Ding and Maguire. I was actually pretty sure John would take this but then Judd showed up with ... this.

And all that talk of the BBC and everybody being hyperbolic about it Judds performance... just watch what Stephen Hendry said after the match, watch how genuinely baffled he was. Hendry is no one to go floridly raving about how great some snooker player is (like Ronnie sometimes does when he wants to... well I'll leave it you to judge what he actually wants).
                    Judds performance in that final was something else. You may not like it, you may want to defend your heroes but that doesn't take anything away from it.
                    I haven’t seen anyone argue that it wasn’t a great performance.

But it wasn’t a “new level of snooker the likes we’ve never seen before” as the BBC would like you to believe. If you agree with them then I’d question how much snooker you watch and for how long you’ve been following it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                      I haven’t seen anyone argue that it wasn’t a great performance.

But it wasn’t a “new level of snooker the likes we’ve never seen before” as the BBC would like you to believe. If you agree with them then I’d question how much snooker you watch and for how long you’ve been following it.
                      Like I said... go watch what Stephen Hendry said if you really think "the BBC would like you to believe" something. Or wait, would Hendry like you to believe something, too? Well, then...

For me this was a new level. And I've seen Ronnie outperform Walden as well as Hendry pour seven centuries on Doherty back in the day...
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

For me this was a new level. And I've seen Ronnie outperform Walden as well as Hendry pour seven centuries on Doherty back in the day...
                        To me the highest level is either O'Sullivan's English Open triumph or his 2013 world title - over 40, a year out, defending champion, never dropped a single session the entire tournament - ludicrous standard.

Comment

Like I said... go watch what Stephen Hendry said if you really think "the BBC would like you to believe" something. Or wait, would Hendry like you to believe something, too? Well, then...

Is that the same Stephen Hendry that is employed by the BBC? 😂

If you’ve never seen 92% pot success then you haven’t watched much snooker.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                            Is that the same Stephen Hendry that is employed by the BBC? ��

If you’ve never seen 92% pot success then you haven’t watched much snooker.
                            Yeah, the BBC instructed employee Stephen Hendry to rave about Judd Trumps performance because they want you to believe strange things that are obviously false... gosh. You voted leave, right? Haters... whatever
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                              Ding has a century every 12 frames ; hendry every 15 frames. so on this basis trump is actually a better break-builder than ding and hendry and on a par with ronnie.
                              If you look at Ding and Trump play, it's quite obvious who's the more accomplished break builder.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                                If you look at Ding and Trump play, it's quite obvious who's the more accomplished break builder.
                                Yeah, but if you look at Shaun Murphy's cue action he's better, except he's not. Ding is more clinical and precise in the balls, but if he can't get in and is missing easy pots its
                                irrelevant, and that's where his game has been for a few years. All round package is what it's about, and that's Trump at this precise time. It wasn't a month ago, and it might not be in a year, but that's where we are today. It's not unusual for people to get excited about a performance they vividly remember from earlier this week, than a performance they half remember from 5 or 6 years ago.

Barcelona are better than Liverpool and Ajax may be better than Spurs, but who cares about that today?

Comment

Working...
                                X