Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManiaMuse
    replied
    Robertson or Judd for me. I don't think Ronnie has another WC in him. I think he will have one of those sessions where he really struggles and loses 5-8 frames on the trot and can't make a comeback.

Robertson looks really focused and determined. Wouldn't mind if he won.

Or possibly Selby will make us all look stupid and bludgeon the field into submission like the old days.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
    Here we go again, men drooling over a pretty face rather than ability. I can already hear Dennis in commentary too!
    Well, I think she's one of the better ref's in the game.

Leave a comment:

• screw-back
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Yes, it's good to see Desi will be in Sheffield.
    Here we go again, men drooling over a pretty face rather than ability. I can already hear Dennis in commentary too!

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Leo's first ever world final too.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

maybe it is by name in a hat?

At least one of may favs is there, Desislava

but one out of ten does seem a bit skewed
    Yes, it's good to see Desi will be in Sheffield.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Yeah, I read his tweet and understand it. It would just have been a nice sign to have a second female referee here as well in times of gender equality. 3 of the 16 are females, so roughly 19 percent. 2 of 10 would have fitted better than 1 of 10 to that calculation.
    But that's not even the main point cause I think you should indeed treat all 16 equal regardless of their gender and just give the spots to the ten "best" referees. And I feel Li would have been more deserving than one or two of the referees (don't want to call names) who made the cut.

maybe it is by name in a hat?

At least one of may favs is there, Desislava

but one out of ten does seem a bit skewed

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    as Jan said in his tweet, there are 16 main referees and only 10 are required for the WSC main event, so 6 will always lose out - or in other words, get the time off to sit at home and watch it all on tv

un-related, now we are finally at the WSC main event, does that mean we don't have to see any more repeats of Jimmy White meets Mark Williams :wink:
    Yeah, I read his tweet and understand it. It would just have been a nice sign to have a second female referee here as well in times of gender equality. 3 of the 16 are females, so roughly 19 percent. 2 of 10 would have fitted better than 1 of 10 to that calculation.
    But that's not even the main point cause I think you should indeed treat all 16 equal regardless of their gender and just give the spots to the ten "best" referees. And I feel Li would have been more deserving than one or two of the referees (don't want to call names) who made the cut.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    This years referees:
    Jan Verhaas, Leo Scullion, Olivier Marteel, Brendan Moore, Desislava Bozhilova, Paul Collier, Ben Williams, Marcel Eckardt, Colin Humphries, Rob Spencer.

Would have liked to see Peggy Li there as a second female referee there.
    Jan Verhaas has taken on a kind of Len Ganley status for me. He's one of those refs that makes a tournament feel complete.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    as Jan said in his tweet, there are 16 main referees and only 10 are required for the WSC main event, so 6 will always lose out - or in other words, get the time off to sit at home and watch it all on tv

un-related, now we are finally at the WSC main event, does that mean we don't have to see any more repeats of Jimmy White meets Mark Williams :wink:

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    This years referees:
    Jan Verhaas, Leo Scullion, Olivier Marteel, Brendan Moore, Desislava Bozhilova, Paul Collier, Ben Williams, Marcel Eckardt, Colin Humphries, Rob Spencer.

Would have liked to see Peggy Li there as a second female referee there.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    Looking at the draw, I picture Robertson vs Trump in the final tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Do we know that Judd's went AWOL?
    Lines mentioned it on twitter when he said his was missing. Afaik Judd hasn't mentioned it at all.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
    I heard Ollie Lines's turned up, so presumably Judds did too
    Do we know that Judd's went AWOL?

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    Not sure kayen... I'm sure a goodfella here will know.
    I heard Ollie Lines's turned up, so presumably Judds did too

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Originally Posted by kayen147 View Post
    did he find his cue ?
    Not sure kayen... I'm sure a goodfella here will know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X