Front Row Regulars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Row Regulars.

There seems to be a few long time regulars missing this year. David Jackson, the Aussie who had been making the trip for 25 years isn't there and the two ladies who sat behind the brown spot for donkeys years aren't there either. Hope they're all okay. Anyone know why they're missing.

Cheers.
    Whoever said "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" was an arsehole.

Front Row Regulars.

I noticed that, maybe they did not get their early invite to buy tickets last year. I recall WS saying they would stop this option for the long-timers?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Front Row Brian is there again but I seem to remember he was queuing up last year when the tickets for this year went on sale.

Comment

Doesn't the Aussie attend the final week?
        Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Originally Posted by djax View Post
          Doesn't the Aussie attend the final week?
          He used to come for full 17 days.

Comment

Perhaps he had used all his ties up?
            Highest break to date? 1

Comment

There was a tweet where somebody quoted Neil Robertson concerning his fellow Aussie David Jackson, that with the increasing ticket costs and that he would not be guaranteed to get his usual seats he had to skip.
              Don't know if for the whole tournament or if he will show up towards the end of the tournament.

Comment

Pretty sh!t if WS are not offering priority tickets for the longtimers...
                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019
                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

This article may shed some light on why the familiar faces are not present this year, with one or two exceptions.
                  Massive price hike for Season tickets and removing the opportunity to get to the head of the queue when tickets are issued.

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooke...season-tickets

Comment

yep, I recall this from 2016, and of course the price hike will always deter some customers; but Hearn will say the spaces will be filled by others who would not have had the opportunity before" - I dont believe the last bit, 2,000 seats and how many regulars were there really, a very small percentage - 1.5%?

Shame but prices are always going up; even the Welsh I go to is starting to edge the "not worth it" barrier

Capacity - I got this bit wrong, 2000 should be 1000 seats, the article says 900 but I recall that they managed to expand last year to close to 980. so 30 season ticket holder back then, so ~3%. Why not still allow them their seats but remove the 10% discount and with price rises anywhere as we have seen, natural reduction
                    Last edited by DeanH; 28 April 2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Was Swansea Steve a front row regular?

I see him sitting near the front at most of the TV tournaments, but I haven't seen him this year yet.

Comment

I know of Front Row Brian (Coventry supporter) and he has been seen at some other events, I saw him in Cardiff once but not heard of Swansea Steve

Comment

The Gordon Strachan-lookalike bloke seems to be in the front row every session!

Comment

Originally Posted by Steven G View Post
                            The Gordon Strachan-lookalike bloke seems to be in the front row every session!
                            Positioned himself nicely to watch both tables.
                            Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Originally Posted by fateric View Post
                              There seems to be a few long time regulars missing this year. David Jackson, the Aussie who had been making the trip for 25 years isn't there and the two ladies who sat behind the brown spot for donkeys years aren't there either. Hope they're all okay. Anyone know why they're missing.

Cheers.
                              Just seen him on TV at the Bingham v Higgins match. Few rows back wearing a right daft looking hat.

Comment

Working...
                              X