Q School draw out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q School draw out.

Know this is technically an amateur competition but the 16 pro tour cards up for grabs make it a important one for the pro tour.

The draw has been released for the events.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/q-school-draws-2/

Some interesting names among the entrants - these are the ones I recognise at first glance;

Andrew Paggett
    Adhitya Mehta
    Andy Hicks
    Dessie Sheehan (oldest entrant at 69 years of age, suppose if you've got a dream why give up).
    Reanne Evans
    Rebecca Kenna
    Jeff Cundy
    Barry Pinches
    Ross Muir
    Alex Taubman
    Peter Lines
    Tomasz Skalski
    Alex Borg
    Jamie Cope
    Rory McLeod
    Adam Duffy
    Robin Hull

Two Austrians there this year. For the first time our biggest talent Florian Nüßle (17 years) will give it a try. He has beaten Ross Muir in a Best-of-7 format at the Vienna Snooker Open once. On the other hand he lost 3-10 to Mei Xiwen, when he received a Wild Card for this years World Championship qualifiers.
    Hope he can win one or two matches.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      Two Austrians there this year. For the first time our biggest talent Florian Nüßle (17 years) will give it a try. He has beaten Ross Muir in a Best-of-7 format at the Vienna Snooker Open once. On the other hand he lost 3-10 to Mei Xiwen, when he received a Wild Card for this years World Championship qualifiers.
      Hope he can win one or two matches.
      Be nice to see some relative unknowns come through rather than people who've dropped off the tour to be honest.

Comment

Q School draw out.

can some of these nether world pros actually make a living from snooker?

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
          can some of these nether world pros actually make a living from snooker?
          With hard work, time and dedication yes. Gary Wilson remember was once a nether world pro. I suppose like any ambition in life it requires short term sacrifice for the pursuit of long term gain.

Comment

Jamie Cope- has his tremor improved? I pressumed he'd retired.

Comment

I thought that Robin Hull was going to retire ?
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

In Finnish media after quali loss Hull said that he feels now better with medication. Not perfect, but much better than at the worst time. At the time of the article he wasn't quite sure what to do, but it sounded a bit like he hadn't given up the dream yet.

Comment

Working...
                X