Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World finals you'd like to have seen/see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World finals you'd like to have seen/see?

Many great players have sparred in the crucible finals but several great players haven't made it, and many haven't played each other. What finals would you like to have seen when players or to see in the next few years?

Focusing on the next few years I'd like to see

O'Sullivan v Trump
    K. Wilson v Trump
    Robertson v Trump
    Selby v Carter
    O'Sullivan v Robertson

On the past I'd like to have seen

Hendry v O'Sullivan c. 2002 (although we got pretty close with their semi-final)
    Steve Davis v Stephen Hendry c 1990.

Honestly, the one I would like to have been in the audience is this one. Previously, Hendry vs White 1994 and Higgins vs Trump 2011.

In the future, I'd like to see Lisowski reach his potential and meet Judd. If not Lisowski, then a natural young prodigy to take over the Higgins-White-O'Sullivan-Trump mantle.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      Honestly, the one I would like to have been in the audience is this one. Previously, Hendry vs White 1994 and Higgins vs Trump 2011.

In the future, I'd like to see Lisowski reach his potential and meet Judd. If not Lisowski, then a natural young prodigy to take over the Higgins-White-O'Sullivan-Trump mantle.
      That's a different question to the one I asked but a good one. I'd have wanted to be in the audience for Hendry v White in 1994 and Davis v Johnson in 1986.

I honestly think we're due that new prodigy to emerge round about now to be fair.

Comment

O'Sullivan-White - Sheffield City Council would have slapped a noise abatement order on the place.

Comment

O'Sullivan v Trump
          K. Wilson v Trump
          Robertson v Trump

I'd want to see the ones above after this WC. Also - thinking about the chinese guard...a matured Zhao Xintong vs Judd would be something special in the next 5 years.

Comment

Any Final that Jimmy White would win !
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Could you imagine him coming back to win it now for a minute. His brains probably too ****ed from the drugs unfortunately but it would be nice.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                That would be the best. And Ding in a final in his best mood. Otherwise

Trump - Robertson (still annoyed with Higgins spoiling that one)
                Selby - Robertson
                Trump - Allen

And no more finals with the 75 generation time to move on, but they keep popping up. And I would love to see Xhao Zintong some day.
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Any pairing of Alex Higgins, Jimmy White and Kirk Stevens would have been great, but I still hope to see Ronnie v Judd.

Comment

Ding vs Fu when both at their best would have been a great one
                    White vs Reardon in '82 would have been a classic and Jimmy would have learned an awful lot from it, if he payed attention that is
                    Joe Davis vs Walter Lindrum would have shown us just how good Lindrum was at snooker, we all know he was billiards greatest genius
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by BarryH View Post
                      Any pairing of Alex Higgins, Jimmy White and Kirk Stevens would have been great, but I still hope to see Ronnie v Judd.
                      Calling this as next years final now.

Comment

Jimmy Vs Parrott...
                        Just so I could of shook and slapped Jimmy like the b!tch he was that year and shake him into action. Even if it would have meant being thrown out or worse!

Why oh why Jimmy?
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                          Jimmy Vs Parrott...
                          Just so I could of shook and slapped Jimmy like the b!tch he was that year and shake him into action. Even if it would have meant being thrown out or worse!

Why oh why Jimmy?
                          Parrott was virtually unplayable in the first session of the '91 final - he didn't miss a ball in winning the session 7-0. It was rather like Trump in the 2nd session this year. Jimmy didn't do a lot wrong.

Comment

Joe v Fred in the late 1940s, best of 35 would have been a bit tasty!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                              Parrott was virtually unplayable in the first session of the '91 final - he didn't miss a ball in winning the session 7-0. It was rather like Trump in the 2nd session this year. Jimmy didn't do a lot wrong.
                              Away from going on a well documented late night bender...
                              You're right, Jimmy didn't do a lot wrong
                              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                              National Snooker Expo
                              25-27 October 2019
                              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X