Postcard from Sheffield – Day 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postcard from Sheffield – Day 10

Well good afternoon from a very wet Sheffield, into the second half of the championship with the 25th session of 46 being played this morning.

Yesterday we had a well-earned lie-in, with no play in the morning. Middle Sunday is also the first day of the championship that is not scheduled to achieve a result, although Stephen Maguire could well have defied that schedule had Neil Robertson not found a bit of form.

The main focus of yesterday, of course, was O'Sullivan v. Williams, as it will be today too. One feels that O'Sullivan will probably win it but it noce to see Williams's form making a comeback seem less surprising than it would have been a few months ago. We shall see.

As for the Maguire/Robertson match, well we just could see something of a revival from the Aussie – very much dependent, I think, on the first couple of frames.

The MC, Rob Walker, has achieved a nickname himself after coining several for the players. In a live television feed from the back of the arena, Dennis Taylor handed over to "Rob the Talker Walker" to amusement all round.

Finally a note for a nameless TSF member, who knows who (s)he is, who was supposed to be making arrangements to purchase some tickets from me, meeting up outside the Crucible yesterday. I left those tickets in my room, and went back for them between sessions; and, on the way back, I was caught in a most extreme, albeit brief, hailstorm. I was absolutely drenched with rainwater dripping all over my face, not to mention wet sludgy feet! The ticket sold through the box office, of course, as there was quite a queue of folks wanting to see Ronnie last night.

It continues to rain today and I would suggest, contrary to my previous advice, that if you are on your way in the next couple of days that you do indeed buy an umbrella!

Wish you were here!

...yes, Stephen has been playing well, and I think Neil could have been forgiven for giving up, but 10th frame comeback was really good. I've got their current h2h's as 5-0 Stephen, so interesting to see how it develops.

"Rob the Talker Walker" is a funny one, and there's a new thread been started on favourite nicknames, may just add that one..

Enjoy yourselves.

Lol....xx
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X