Is J Trump the new Ronnie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is J Trump the new Ronnie?

I find Judd's style and attacking play just as good as Ronnies possibly better.

At least you don't get the prima donna attitude.

Judd Trump is Carbon Copy of the 1980s Hendry

Comment

I reckon you can draw parallels between Neil Robertson and Judd Trump. They can both pot everything in sight, but if you remember, Robertson had a few years after turning pro where he really didn't do a great deal.
      Many of the top players found his very attacking style too easy to deal with, and gave him a boxing lesson. But then he reigned in his shot selection, and started winning everything.
      It'd be nice if Trump could pull off something similar.

Comment

I think he is a big fan of Ronnie's and has modelled some of his game on him although I do think he has his own style. I know they have practiced a lot together in the past and who better to learn off when it comes to break building.

He is frighteningly good and it was just a matter of time before he made the breakthrough. I honestly think given the players in the game now and what is coming through he has a very realistic chance of equalling and probably bettering what Hendry has won in the game. Already past a hundred centuries at 21 and getting better and also developing a very good tactical game and knowledge. Even Selby playing very well and seen as one of the best all round players and tacticians couldn't stop him, he really is a contender for any tournament he enters in.

The big thing for me though is that he has taken to the TV stage better than any other youngster I can think of. He doesn't seem to perform as well in the qualifiers but get him in front of a big audience and the TV lights and it brings out the best in him.

I don't think its fair to call him the new Ronnie or anyone else for that matter, he is his own person and wants to be the best player of all time and I think he will be that, having followed his career since he was 10 I am chuffed to bits that he has now come of age!

Comment

I remember Jamie Cope 2-3 years ago. He had a similar style.

Comment

He seems to have incorporated certain qualities from the greats of the game, ie hes like Ronnie around the black ball, hes got Hendrys attacking aproach to the game and hes got a lot of the flair Jimmy White showed in his heyday.

Cant wait to see him v Robertson at the crucible!
            Last edited by the_Crippler09; 5 April 2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by toupihiggins View Post
              I remember Jamie Cope 2-3 years ago. He had a similar style.
              The difference between the two I would say is that Judd has a very solid technique whereas Jamie's would fall apart under pressure I feel. Ronnie and Judd both play fast entertaining snooker but they also have great technique, something which among this style of player is not that common.

Comment

Ronnie was UK Champion at 17. Bt the age of 21 he had won 3 ranking events, a Masters, and a Premier League.

How does Trump compare to him?

Comment

i think judd trump is judd trump.

Comment

Good Day, I think that Trump showed allot of form and composure to win the China Open. I am sure that he will do great in the future if he can handle the money and success, its easy for a young guy to fall into the spirals of booze and drugs. I for one sure hope he brings is best game forward and keeps is eyes on the road ahead.
                    Cheers,
                    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                      Good Day, I think that Trump showed allot of form and composure to win the China Open. I am sure that he will do great in the future if he can handle the money and success, its easy for a young guy to fall into the spirals of booze and drugs. I for one sure hope he brings is best game forward and keeps is eyes on the road ahead.
                      Cheers,
                      yup Paul Hunter got caught up in the trappings of success when he first experienced what success was

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                        Cheers,
                        Judd kinda went off the rails a bit about 18 months ago. Heard he wasn't putting in the practice but he seems to have the right people around him now so I doubt that will be a problem. Also people forget he was earning around £30k a year from prize winnings when he was 14-15 as he was winning all the junior events as well as doing a lot of exhibitions. He's had money for a while, now he wants success and he will get it.

Comment

Agree JT is undoubtedly the best young talent coming through. But he is not a Ronnie. There will never be another Ronnie.

Comment

I think Ronnie is great player ....J Trump won't be "New Ronnie"...there is only one Ronnie O'Sullivan in the world who is natural gifted player...NO ONE can be him...

Comment

Working...
                            X