• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Open 2009 - final discussion!

Two of the greatest players ever in tomorrow's final:

07.00 & 12.30
    John Higgins v Peter Ebdon

On Eurosport Player the match is shown live, in full. However, Eurosport TV does not show any of it until 20.00. On the other hand it's easy to get CCTV5 via SopCast, TVU or other.

I predict a close final.

Come on, Come ON, COME ON!

Ebdon to win as I've said before. He's too good a player to drop out the Top 16 and he's proved it in this season. Following on all that's happened to him, what with his divorce, he needs to badly win a ranking. Higgin's has already won a tournament this season and if Peter wins, that's two great prospects, rather than one great one and the resurgent of another.
    只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

Prefer John so hope he wins. Should be a good final.
      sigpic
      http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

There are similarities between Peter and Shaun winning the uk. Peter is my fav.

Comment

This could be a good one. Higgins was much better today than yesterday against O'Sullivan. Ebdon was not quite as good as against Hendry but still close to his best. I'm sure they'll bring the best out of each other. It's hard to find a weakness in either's game. Tough to call but I do think Ebdon wants and needs it more. Whether that's a good thing for him... we'll see tomorrow.

Comment

Should be another high quality encounter between Higgins-Ebdon in tomorrows final. Both are playing well but not quite at there very best but it should still be a very close final, & i would not be surprised at all if it went down to very last frame. I just favour John Higgins to take victory.
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Remembering the 2006 UK semi final between the two, that was the highest level I've EVER seen Peter Ebdon play (and John also played very well). Here's hope we shall see something similar tomorrow. I like both players so I don't have a favourite. The longer the better!

Comment

Will we hear,

"Come on, Come ON, COME ON!!!eoend"?. Please, dear God, please.

Comment

Part man, part machine

Originally Posted by JiangYu View Post
                  Will we hear,

Perhaps. We're yet to see whether the new upgrade limits or increases his emotional responses. There are few signs of error yet, but every frame is different and not even the Cyborg is programmed for every occurence, especially kicks and bad bounces
                  sigpic
                  Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Too close to call. Ebdon has played better than Higgins but after being 4-0 in his first game maybe Higgins is destined to win. Either way the winner will not win the World Championships and will be thrashed in the first round next year when defending the crown.
                    TSF World Champion 2010
                    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Originally Posted by JiangYu View Post
                      Will we hear,

Personally i would quite like to see Peter get back into doing that again. It always seemed to get him "fired up" & he would invariably produce his best form.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                        Too close to call. Ebdon has played better than Higgins but after being 4-0 in his first game maybe Higgins is destined to win. Either way the winner will not win the World Championships and will be thrashed in the first round next year when defending the crown.
                        Very true. I think I've said it three times already on this forum that it's very rare to see a player win back to back tournaments. It was probably just as well that Ronnie didn't win in China and if he does draw Higgins in Sheffield, he'll have him thrashed just like he did with Williams and Hendry last year. Higgins is a remarkable player - a really good backrunner, and probably a better one than when he's in front. However, I feel Ebdon needs it.

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                        Personally i would quite like to see Peter get back into doing that again. It always seemed to get him "fired up" & he would invariably produce his best form.
                        I would also like to see that back. Snooker needs more emotion.

Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
                        Perhaps. We're yet to see whether the new upgrade limits or increases his emotional responses. There are few signs of error yet, but every frame is different and not even the Cyborg is programmed for every occurence, especially kicks and bad bounces
                        I do hope so. I never understand why people call Ebdon a Cyborg, lol. He's not at all and if anything is the complete opposite. I've seen the guy cry twice, live!
                        Last edited by JiangYu; 4 April 2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Both players looking good early on.

Comment

3 breaks over 50 plus in the first three frames. Good standard and hope it continues that way.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Stopped broadcasting because of F1?

Comment

Working...
                              X