• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Prix 2009 - Final Discussion

Neil Robertson vs Ding Junhui

Discuss..
    All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

A nice start from Robertson, well set for a century..

Classy 124 and that was a superb black..
    Last edited by montoya10; 11 October 2009, 01:29 PM.
    All the way Mark J!!

Comment

From my point of view Neil is playing the snooker of the season so far :snooker:

Comment

can anyone give me a link please?

Comment

He we go again.

This really is the best Robertson has ever played. And it will need to be, because his previous finals have all been against qualifiers, whereas Ding played O'Sullivan, Hendry and Davis.

In a format like this, where only 7 frames are played in the first session, the only result that is considered close would be 4-3 either way. 5-2 is already quite a decent gap. Robertson is a slight favourite for me, but I expect them to stay close at least in the first 8 or 9 frames.

Comment

http://www.fromsport.com/video-86797.html

Comment

Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
              From my point of view Neil is playing the snooker of the season so far :snooker:
              Although I'm not a big fan of him, if I was to give The Most ... trophies, he would be the one to receive The Biggest Cue Power trophy

Edit: Robertson in the driving seat in the 2nd..Just as I talked about his cue power, he made a mediocre cannon to the pack..2-0 now with the help of two mini breaks..
              Last edited by montoya10; 11 October 2009, 01:48 PM.
              All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Good start from Neil, Ding needs to win a frame or two before Neil gets too far ahead but I am sure he will kick into gear soon.

Comment

If Ding doesn't win this frame I can see a runaway scoreline.
                  TSF World Champion 2010
                  TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                  BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

If WT thinks the crowd didn't give a hard time at the masters then I don't know what match I was watching.

There crowd were all on Ronnie's side and a couple of them were shouting things at Ding, Ronnie even told one of them to go home at one point when Ding had given up and didn't really want to be there. I felt bad for Ding that night and loved the Ronnie looked after him and helped him come back out for the final frame after Ding thought it was over on the previous one.

One nice tournament win and I am sure Ding will start a climb back up the rankings.

Comment

Still a bit early to talk, Ding was down 4-2 against Stevens and reeled off 3 frames, 2-0 down against Ebdon and reeled off 5 and trailing Williams 1-0, he won the next six..

He seems to be on a slow start on every occassion this week
                      All the way Mark J!!

Comment

How often in rankers have both finalists been from Lands Faraway?

= o )

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                          Still a bit early to talk, Ding was down 4-2 against Stevens and reeled off 3 frames, 2-0 down against Ebdon and reeled off 5 and trailing Williams 1-0, he won the next six..

He seems to be on a slow start on every occassion this week
                          And Robertson has pretty much always been ahead, since trailing Greene 1-3 in the 1st round. Also, he started well in his three previous finals as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                            Australia and China are not that far apart.

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post

= o )

Noel
                              I read it somewhere on the net. Once in all-time history: 1985
                              All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Working...
                              X