World Championship 2009 - Final Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Championship 2009 - Final Discussion

Well its early and I was tired of there being no thread yet so here we are folks Higgins vs Murphy after the thrill of both Higgins and Murphy getting over the line yeasterday what will happen now? Two hours is a very very long time to wait.
    -'Don't choke, don't choke, don't choke! aww I knew I was going to choke'-

Well, this final couldn't work out better for me. On one side there is my all time favorite player and on the other side is my favorite cueist. Can't pick between them, just hoping for a high quality match and let the better man within these two days win. Good luck to both of them!

Comment

Aye more of a Higgins man myself I'll be cheering pint in hand, BBQ later this afternoon.

Comment

Come on John!

As the rankings show, John has been the best player this season by a mile* and a third world championship would be just reward.

*over 5,000 points more than any other player this season as it stands now.
        sigpic
        Chris Turner
        www.snookerarchive.co.uk

Comment

The encouraging thing is that Higgins and Murphy seemed to get their bad frames/sessions out of the way yeasterday so I'm sure we'll see a very high standard today and less scrappy frames.

Comment

It's not the World Final i was dreaming for, but it has "quality" written all over it none the less!
            This Final has the look & feel of going to the wire - but i just wonder with all the close finishes Higgins has had & after the session with Allen yesterday how much has all of that now taken out of John Higgins.
            I think both are evenly matched & it's likely to go very very close....but i feel that it will be Shaun Murphy that will be World Champion come tomorrow.
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

As much as I like Higgins I think your right yeasterday definitly took more out of Higgins than Murphy, although that Scot will not be giving up and if Murphy gets as sloppy as he did yeasterday he'll get punished.

Comment

Originally Posted by cajt View Post
                Come on John!

As the rankings show, John has been the best player this season by a mile* and a third world championship would be just reward.

I want John to win, but in saying that, I think Muprhy has been the best player in the tournament.

In addition, as I said in a previous post. For John to retire not being a 3 times WC would be a tragedy.

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
                  I want John to win, but in saying that, I think Muprhy has been the best player in the tournament.

In addition, as I said in a previous post. For John to retire not being a 3 times WC would be a tragedy.
                  Yes, he's way too good a player not to have one it more than twice!
                  I would've said the same of Mark Williams a few years back too..
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I think Higgins has been the best player in the tournameny followed second by Shaun Murphy so this is the right final and things have worked out right in the end. I have a feeling Higgins will be too strong for Shaun today although I hope im wrong naturally.
                    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

I hope Higgins will win but I think Shaun Murphy will. Please make this a good final!
                      只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

Originally Posted by cajt View Post
                        Come on John!

Without having played Bahrain Championship too.

Anyway, if Murphy wins he will have 2 World Championships on him and a UK so far. He would be well in time to win two or three times more since he's still very young and join the list of the all time greats.

Comment

Shaun comes out WITHOUT his Extension!!
                          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

And who says this final will be one with no excitement??

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                              Shaun comes out WITHOUT his Extension!!
                              Was he allowed to retrieve it?
                              Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
                              2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Working...
                              X