No announcement yet.

World Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, quite a shame not to see a packed venue for such a final. In the mean time, Ireland (besides the PTC finals in Galway) and Scotland are still waiting to have a major ranking event :/
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Similar pattern to this morning then... Both players winning one frame with a good break, but Allen adds the two scrappy ones as well. It's tough to see him losing from here. If he can finish it quickly, he will be among the players who have dropped the smallest number of frames on their way to a ranking title in recent seasons. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
        yep, quite a shame not to see a packed venue for such a final. In the mean time, Ireland (besides the PTC finals in Galway) and Scotland are still waiting to have a major ranking event :/
        Wow...that is amazing really! So common Barry...get this sorted...and asap please. We need more tournaments on British soil instead of overseas.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          Wow...that is amazing really! So common Barry...get this sorted...and asap please. We need more tournaments on British soil instead of overseas.
          Scotland does have a great presence in the game, in terms of top players and history. You would think they should be able to support a ranking event. But let's not forget too quickly what it was like in the finals years of the Grand Prix, when it was held in Glasgow. In 2009, the early rounds were empty as well. The only matches that got a good crowd were the ones involving Higgins, Hendry and O'Sullivan. I remember thinking that Ebdon-Liang was a terrific prospect at the time, as Liang had just been involved in a ranking final in Shanghai, and Ebdon was of course the China Open champion. There were literally two people watching...

And the lack of interest was of course one of the main arguments in favour of dumbing down that tournament and introducing the dreadful World Open in the first place. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            Scotland does have a great presence in the game, in terms of top players and history. You would think they should be able to support a ranking event. But let's not forget too quickly what it was like in the finals years of the Grand Prix, when it was held in Glasgow. In 2009, the early rounds were empty as well. The only matches that got a good crowd were the ones involving Higgins, Hendry and O'Sullivan. I remember thinking that Ebdon-Liang was a terrific prospect at the time, as Liang had just been involved in a ranking final in Shanghai, and Ebdon was of course the China Open champion. There were literally two people watching...

And the lack of interest was of course one of the main arguments in favour of dumbing down that tournament and introducing the dreadful World Open in the first place. :wink:
            Cheers for the info Odrl. What a shame indeed the Scottish Grand Prix was never very well received or attended, and consiquently we are now forced to watch this aweful World Open instead.

Comment

• Would liked to have seen Matthew win but i really like Allen , thought him donating his premier league prize money was a great gesture , hats off to him . He,s taken a lot of stick lately so its nice to see him in the headlines for the right reasons .

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                Would liked to have seen Matthew win but i really like Allen , thought him donating his premier league prize money was a great gesture , hats off to him . He,s taken a lot of stick lately so its nice to see him in the headlines for the right reasons .
                I was working on a job in Belfast and noticed Mark Allen's picture with the family on the table(including a severely disabled teenager) Got talking to the owner and apparently he's been known to visit family's who get it hard being carers etc and gets pictured with the kids etc and donates bits and pieces, he's a good lad and a pleasure to watch in my opinion...
                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• I thought the ITV4 coverage has been pretty good.

Comment

• I agree muck , when he,sflowing he,s great to watch and by the sounds of it a very nice person indeed .

Comment

• Ye the coverage has been good , nice to hear Clive Everton in the box again he,s a class act .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Achamian View Post
                        I thought snooker was supposed to be hyper-popular in China.

But it's the final now and there's still hardly any spectators in the arena.

Does anyone know what's going on?
                        I have a theory: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...324#post696324
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Was thinking there i didn't notice many kicks in the tournament, granted i didn't get to see it all due to work etc, but was there many at all this week? for those that watched the majority...
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by nigelslater View Post
                            Bring on all the fun in Galway for the PTC Grand Finals! I anticipate bigger crowds for that one!

All the best,
                            Nigel
                            Does anyone know if Eurosport are covering this?
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              Does anyone know if Eurosport are covering this?
                              http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvhome.shtml

Good link, bud. Click the "next week" tab a couple times to March 12th to 17th and you will see the Galway coverage.
                              Last edited by throtts; 3 March 2013, 08:54 PM.
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                                http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvhome.shtml

Good link, bud. Click the "next week" tab a couple times to March 12th to 17th and you will see the Galway coverage.
                                Thanks very much, throtts

Comment

Working...
                                X