No announcement yet.

World Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Marco Fu playing with a new cue ? Someone stated previously on the forum he had been trying out a couple of Reg Wright cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by wmccreedy View Post
      Is Marco Fu playing with a new cue ? Someone stated previously on the forum he had been trying out a couple of Reg Wright cues.
      Yep he has got 2 new Wright cues but the latest is that he is still using his old DeRoo until the end of the season.
      Not watching at the moment, but you can tell it is the DeRoo cue as it is butterfly spliced butt.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by wmccreedy View Post
        No, as mentioned he has had a new cue made but pretty sure he will be sticking with his older cue. However Michael Holt was using a new Parris which he only had about a week ago and feels he's playing well with it. Said he didn't know why he didn't change years ago.

Comment

Judd's Century in frame 2 of his match with Nigel was different class .

Left during the 3rd frame, and nigel hadn't got a point yet.

As the commentator said "perfect snooker". Very impressive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Now another ton a 104 to go 4-1 up. 3 tons in 5 frames is quite something, especially when the tables aren't playing as easy or quick as they are used to in the UK. Seems to have found the form back from earlier in the season and is now only 1 ton away from equalling Selby's record and its still only February. With 2 more ranking tournaments to go after this along with the PTC finals he could easily get 70+ centuries this season which is a frightening amount and no player in the game will match that IMO.
            Last edited by cueman; 28 February 2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Yes, good stuff from Trump this morning. We've had three very one-sided matches in this round so far, which is not necessarily a bad thing, because we are now likely to get some really strong players at the business end, most of them playing very well. Another Robertson-Selby clash could be the highlight. Amazing that they meet for the third time in the last couple of months, after previously avoiding each other for so long. :wink:

Weird choice of matches for this afternoon... Ding against Fu was unavoidable, and I'm certainly looking forward to it. As for Allen against Milkins, while a good prospect in its own right, surely the other two are better? Particularly Higgins against Bingham... :wink:

Comment

Trump was convincing this morning, he now looks like a guy with a real chance again.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
                  Trump was convincing this morning, he now looks like a guy with a real chance again.

Yes, not the thoughest draw ever though.

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                    Yes, not the thoughest draw ever though.
                    Maybe not but he played very well unlike in the past three or four tournaments. He got to the semis of Welsh by playing very average stuff, I put that down to easy draw. But he looks like a different player now (or maybe like normal Trump), he can beat anyone.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      Weird choice of matches for this afternoon... Ding against Fu was unavoidable, and I'm certainly looking forward to it. As for Allen against Milkins, while a good prospect in its own right, surely the other two are better? Particularly Higgins against Bingham... :wink:
                      Well, Allen is the defending champion so I think it's logic for them to put him on telly (and I have nothing against it) as they keep telling us how important the presence of the DC is and everything.

Anyway, if the DC was, say, Marcus Campbell or Nigel Bond and he'd play Milkins I doubt they'd show it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
                        Well, Allen is the defending champion so I think it's logic for them to put him on telly (and I have nothing against it) as they keep telling us how important the presence of the DC is and everything.

Anyway, if the DC was, say, Marcus Campbell or Nigel Bond and he'd play Milkins I doubt they'd show it.
                        Yeah, I suppose so.

It's not really a big deal in this case, since they are all good matches. But it does annoy me sometimes when good prospects get overlooked. I particularly hate it when they show a top player against an outsider when another top player is playing a stronger opponent at the same time. For me, it's not really the favourite that makes a match interesting, it's usually the other guy... That said, if I was in charge, I would have chosen wrongly this morning, because there is no way in hell I would have shown Trump-Bond ahead of Robertson-Dott. :wink:

Comment

wow there have been some great shots this week.

Trump's yellow to green
                          Selby's 7 cushion pink to black
                          and today
                          Ding's 4 ball plant along the cushion

Comment

An incredibly strong QF lineup in this event. I know people say it's the strongest in a while pretty much every week, but this time it actually is, especially if Maguire can make it through as well. Six of the top8 seeds, along with Matthew Stevens and Ding Junhui. :wink:

Comment

There hasn't been many upsets in this tournament, hard to call who will win it, at a push I'd say Trump who has impressed me the most marginally over Neil but they haven't played anyone that can hold their own against them yet...
                              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                Now another ton a 104 to go 4-1 up. 3 tons in 5 frames is quite something, especially when the tables aren't playing as easy or quick as they are used to in the UK. Seems to have found the form back from earlier in the season and is now only 1 ton away from equalling Selby's record and its still only February. With 2 more ranking tournaments to go after this along with the PTC finals he could easily get 70+ centuries this season which is a frightening amount and no player in the game will match that IMO.
                                It's impressive, but not unbeatable with the number of matches/tournaments Judd has played this year. Luca Brecel could surpass it in a couple of years.

It's about time he's found some form considering he's 23 going on 24. Compared to Hendry, Ronnie, John Higgins and Mark Williams by the time they turned 24, I think Trump has under-achieved given all the hype
                                Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Working...
                                X