ET 1 - Paul Hunter Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET 1 - Paul Hunter Classic

If anyone does not have his starting times for the Qualifying or the Amateurs Cup, send me a email and you will get it.

vollzieherman@t-online.de

Jürgen Kesseler

According to Dave Hendon's tweet, John Higgins v Michael Leslie is the televised match. Pity I'm not in a position to see that, as I've never watched Michael Leslie before. John Higgins will be the sternest of stern tests.

Anybody who is watching, keep those of us who aren't so lucky informed.

Comment

I've got it on, first frame, Higgins using new cue so who knows how he will play. Already missed a mid range red and got nowhere near it but currently in amongst the balls now with a good chance to take the frame. Edited to say first frame to Higgins, needed a few chances to win the frame, Leslie not really had a chance yet.
      Last edited by cueman; 24 August 2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

The problem with these best of sevens is, you get off to a slow start the match is half over. If Leslie goes 2-0 down against a player of the quality of John Higgins, I can't see him coming back to win. Sadly. Myabe in a best of nine, when there was a mid-session to break any momentum, you might feel he had a chance of changing the match round.

Comment

I think the players should all be quite match sharp though now with the amount of snooker they get to play. Best of 7 isn't really that short IMO, you just need to play aggressive and try and attack from the start and put pressure on your opponent. Safety type players will struggle more in these shorter formats, I'm all for an attacking game.

Comment

I suppose I can't complain too much, I am going to the first day of the Snooker Seniors in October. That's all shot clock and short matches...

I just can't take a match seriously unless it's at least best of 9. (Though, obviously, serious is one thing Snooker Seniors isn't.)

I was gutted the day they shortened the UK Championship matches. Snooker is the most entertaining spectator sport in the world. Why would you want to lessen frames?

Comment

Leslie pulls one back and he's in again with the reds fairly open...

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Leslie breaks down on 42...

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Slightly scrappy one that, Higgins in again a few times but couldn't make them count, then Leslie in after a sloppy safety from Higgins, makes 32 to go 2 all.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Fair play to Leslie for making a mockery of my statement that the match would all be over if it went 2-2. Keep it up, lad.

Comment

Higgins takes the 5th eventually after 3 or 4 attempts, he's not at his best though and Leslie had a few good opportunities. Seems we've also got a game of who can take the longest comfort break going on between these two.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Higgins takes the match with a 71 break, 4 - 2 in the end.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

What do you make of Michael Leslie on this early television appearance? I've never actually watched him play. Did he get those two due to Higgins more due to Higgins playing ****e?

Comment

I liked that green he took to come off 4 cushions ? to get perfect on the yellow to carry the break on

Comment

Second century (127) of the tournament for Mark Selby, leading 1-0 on Greene.

Comment

Working...
                              X