Premier League Snooker info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier League Snooker info

All the info you need to know about The 2012 Party Poker Premier League Snooker can be found here - http://www.thesnookerblog.com/premie...-snooker-2012/ or on the official website - www.PremierLeagueSnooker.com

Starts again tomorrow. Anybody else going to watch?

I'll give it a look-in, but the shot clock takes the drama out of it for me. But at least we'll get a new winner this year. Might make it a bit more exciting.

Comment

not interesting without defending champion. I always thought to be a champion you have to bit the champion.

Comment

I fancy the melbourne machine this year. I think he will come good, especially without the pressure of having ROS around. If his confidence is high, he's got the most complete game of the lot in that draw. Although I have a horrible feeling the jester will triumph. I have this nightmare that mushroom tip will vanquish everyone. Surely that can't happen? Surely?
        Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Will have to record it. No way I'll get to watch even a sneaky 5 minutes. The day people get bored of soap operas the better :P

Comment

i recon Murphy can win and he is the one who played ronnie in the final and won.

Comment

Originally Posted by x53 View Post
              not interesting without defending champion. I always thought to be a champion you have to bit the champion.
              I'm probably in a minority, but I think the absence of Ronnie makes it more interesting, not less. It's the shot clock format that kills it for me.

Not much of an issue, as I don't have Sky Sports and am out tonight. But will try to live stream some or watch some of it in the pub when I get a chance.

Comment

I may watch it (via internet as I do not pay the high prices for Sky Sports) but I will probably be most interested in Higgins and his new TW cue

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                ...watch some of it in the pub...
                if you can get the landlord/barstaff to change the channel from football or boxing or even fishing [personal experience ]
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  I may watch it (via internet as I do not pay the high prices for Sky Sports) but I will probably be most interested in Higgins and his new TW cue

if you can get the landlord/barstaff to change the channel from football or boxing or even fishing [personal experience ]

It depends where you go. You have to know where to look. The pub next door to me let me have Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Steve Davis on in the UK Championship last year, when there was a Premier League football game on the other side. There were two reasons for this. 1) I'm a regular and 2) It attracts the workplace crowd mainly, so you can in on a Sunday afternoon and be the only person in the pub.

The problem I have lately is that there are so many pubs that have gone over to these Greek / Portugese channels that show English football games because they can't afford Sky. So if you wan't something other than football on, they're incapable as they don't have the channel.

Saying that, recently a sports bar has opened up near me, that has something like 50 big screen televisions, and pretty much shows all sports. Might be worth a go. I won't get commentary, but that might be another bonus.

Comment

Working...
                  X