No announcement yet.

2012 Shanghai Masters Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daves great to watch when he plays like this best breakbuilder never to of been in the top 16 in my opinion
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Yep totally agree, great breakbuilder!!

Gilbert is making light work of this match...... 3-0 up!!
      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by FerruleFox View Post
        He's playing some incredible snooker at the moment. Just made a 142. Amazing rhythm and tempo around the table.
        he will pass a hundred centuries this season on 91 now been pro since 2001 and hes dropped off the tour a few times hes only 2 years behind cope actually
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

this isnt a bad chance either i think those two together (not the ones on the cushion) go once the one above them is moved

edit he moved them as i was sending just one cannon away from another ton

EDIT after cannon to open those rwo reds deserved a century but poor miss on the green
          Last edited by LittleMissAlexa; 25 July 2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

How can he have never made the top 16? That's crazy.

Comment

Great stuff from Gilbert..... 4-0 up!!
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                Really? When d'you expect the next 5 minute maximum then, and from who?

Seriously though, if you're going to succeed playing without much of a safety game, then you've got to be able to consistently win matches with one visit snooker, which is what separates the players you listed from the rest.

I'd have to disagree there, Hendry would have battered Bracel IMO.

-
                Not many players on tour now wouldn't beat 97 Mick Price at least 7 out of 10 times over a 9+ frame format and that safety to get Ronnie in was pants.
                What was Robert Milkins 147 time a few months ago or Mark Williams at a ptc last year? Do you work for Eurosport? j/k ;-)

Comment

I'd have to disagree there, Hendry would have battered Bracel IMO.

-
                  Williams 147 was 2010,battered's a bit speculative but each to their own :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                    Not many players on tour now wouldn't beat 97 Mick Price at least 7 out of 10 times over a 9+ frame format and that safety to get Ronnie in was pants.
                    What on earth has any of that got to do with the quality and/or speed of the ensuing maximum??

What was Robert Milkins 147 time a few months ago or Mark Williams at a ptc last year? Do you work for Eurosport? j/k ;-)
                    Well I'll hold my hands up, you've got me there, I don't know the times of those maximums.
                    But you clearly do so, please enlighten me, exactly how much quicker were they than Ronnie's?

battered's a bit speculative but each to their own :-)
                    You honestly believe that the current Luca Brecel, ranked about 80 in the world, who lost 5 - 1 today to Andy Hicks, would have beaten Stephen Hendry in that 1990 world final? Well, you're right, each to their own, but I think battered was being extremely kind.

Oh and, what's that "j/k" short for? Is it jerk?

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

What on earth has any of that got to do with the quality and/or speed of the ensuing maximum??
                      Much the same as everyone outside Russelsheim knows who Williams played in Eptc 3 2010.

Well I'll hold my hands up, you've got me there, I don't know the times of those maximums.
                      But you clearly do so, please enlighten me, exactly how much quicker were they than Ronnie's?
                      Didn't you post a while back you like Williams laid back style? Indeed it's good to watch which accounts for a slightly slower time but style's don't equate to 'one off's' its just a matter of aesthetic's, I think it was about 2 minutes slower but if that work's for you then great !!

You honestly believe that the current Luca Brecel, ranked about 80 in the world, who lost 5 - 1 today to Andy Hicks, would have beaten Stephen Hendry in that 1990 world final? Well, you're right, each to their own, but I think battered was being extremely kind.
                      On to your third point as you know I didn't say he would have beat Stephen Hendry I said it would be a tough call. Do you have footage of all the 90 Crucible or are you asserting the 32 at the Crucible in 90 were as good as last April? You seem to be asserting Brecel being ranked about 80 today equates to being ranked about 80 in 1990.
                      Just as a check I might look up how many matches Andy Hicks won in the last 5 years compared to Hendry 2007/8 - 2011/12,if its similar and you want to reply Hendry lacked the inspiration to compete as much as he did in the 90's thats ok with me.

Oh and, what's that "j/k" short for? Is it jerk?
                      J/k stands for just kidding,where did you get jerk from?

Comment

I don't think we're ever going to agree on this one, so maybe we should just call it a difference of opinion and get back on topic.

J/k stands for just kidding,where did you get jerk from?
                        Dunno, it was a rather negative assumption wasn't it, sorry about that.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

I don't think we're ever going to agree on this one, so maybe we should just call it a difference of opinion and get back on topic.

Dunno, it was a rather negative assumption wasn't it, sorry about that.

-
                          Good call m8 and I'll call you m8 cos I enjoyed the convo,I think I'm gonna drop these era's comparisons and just post on what I've watched from now on,so aside from the fake avatar no one can guess my age :-)

Comment

Tony Drago is playing really well, hope he makes it through.
                            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                              Tony Drago is playing really well, hope he makes it through.
                              Tony Drago lost 4-5 to Michael White today I really enjoy watching Tony but I wish he'd take a few seconds longer on some shots ... other news - frazz on this forum lost 4-5 to Barry Pinches

tomorrow's highlight for me ... Steve Davis vs Alfie Burden ...

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                                I really enjoy watching Tony but I wish he'd take a few seconds longer on some shots...
                                I said the same thing just a few weeks ago. frustrating isn't it.

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                                tomorrow's highlight for me ... Steve Davis vs Alfie Burden ...
                                Yes, I think that's LittleMissAlexa's pick of the day as well.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X