Shootout 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shootout 2013

No thread yet. It will be interesting to see what happens. I think all players have a chance to win it. Anyway there´s a few interesting matches in the first round:

Tom Ford v Mark Allen should be a quickfire match.
    Liang Wenbo v Stephen Maguire that sound like an interesting match with two players who have been playing well lately.
    Dave Harold v Rod Lawler The match that has been set up especially for Cueman I still remember last year when Harold spent so much time considering an easy safety that he ended up giving a sitter to his opponent.

The ultimate thing would offcause be a repeat of Drago - McLeod. The funniest snookermatch I´ve ever seen.
    Unfortunately I couldn´t find a link for the whole match. Drago makes the 57 in 4 minutes, and McLeod then slowly came back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGs59WXSl2k
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

arbs' fav tourney, no doubt.

Comment

No Higgins or Trump, obviously they're getting paid too much.

Comment

Higgins is in it according to the match schedule, i hope so as he is part of my accumulator.

It robertson and trump that are missing as SSB posted before, shame some people talk a good game but then dont back it up.

Cannot wait to see Ebdon and his Vegan Power tonight and Milkins vs Carter looks like a great first round match.

Comment

Not much interst on here yet, hopefully pick up a bit later.

Too hard to pick a winner for this really as too randum but I've gone for Allen (based on this weeks play) and Davies as a longshot !

Thought I think it is quite easy to pick some first round accumulators that should/hopefully come off.

1st round picks for me to win are :
          Allen
          Ding
          Higgins
          Murphy
          Hawkins
          Bingham
          Dott

and some maybes

White
          Campbell
          Milkins
          Walden
          King
          Doherty
          Bond
          McLeod
          Wenbo

If all this lot win i will have a nice weekend thats for sure.

Comment

We can't even pick winners of the major ranking comps these days as they've all been won by someone different for the past two seasons now, the game is that open.

Events like this are a total lottery and I would imagine the players just treat this as a busman's holiiday weekend once a year for a laugh.

The no drinking rule for the players should be removed for this comp and side bets should be mandatory, just to spice it up a bit more.

Comment

I'd stick Lisowski in that list. A decent quick fluent player when he gets going but you never know with shootouts could be a surprise winner.

Comment

Thought I was going to loose one of my bets in the first match then.

Great start to the event but shame neither knew about ball in hand, Davis could have cleared up from the start if he had known.

Comment

I love this event, after some of the dismal stuff at the masters its good to see snooker firstly with an atmosphere, secondly not taken too seriously, and thirdly played openly. No tactics, no gamesmanship, just good attacking stuff.

Comment

Seems whites match only lasted around 7 minutes, the usual result in the end.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                      I love this event, after some of the dismal stuff at the masters its good to see snooker firstly with an atmosphere, secondly not taken too seriously, and thirdly played openly. No tactics, no gamesmanship, just good attacking stuff.
                      Are you serious ??
                      Turned it off after 3 frames

Comment

I lasted less than 3 frames. Not something that interests me at all.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Turned it off after 3 frames
                          I didn't even get that far......!!
                          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                            I lasted less than 3 frames. Not something that interests me at all.
                            Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                            I didn't even get that far......!!
                            I tried to like it, but with the crowd acting the way they do, and making that infernal din with those rattles, and shouting out on the shot, well no thanks.

Comment

I know what your saying, definitely not my thing either!!
                              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                              X