Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alabadi
    replied
    I don't really like the Shootout, ok its a bit of fun but its no snooker competition. i was listening to Stephen Hendry on Monday night on talksport and he said this is really a game show, its not a snooker competition. all the music and loud crowd, 10 min frames shot times 15 and 10 seconds he thought it was just a TV entertainment show at best.

he went on to say snooker is a serious game and you cannot have players rushed to make shots as they will just make mistakes. a lot might think that quick players would do best however its not the case, i mean Ronnie never won it. last 2 were Barry Hawkins and Nigel Bond.

really its a lottery, anyone can win

Alabbadi

Leave a comment:

• coomsey76
    replied
    I know what your saying, definitely not my thing either!!

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
    I lasted less than 3 frames. Not something that interests me at all.
    Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
    I didn't even get that far......!!
    I tried to like it, but with the crowd acting the way they do, and making that infernal din with those rattles, and shouting out on the shot, well no thanks.

Leave a comment:

• coomsey76
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Turned it off after 3 frames
    I didn't even get that far......!!

Leave a comment:

• robertmac
    replied
    I lasted less than 3 frames. Not something that interests me at all.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I love this event, after some of the dismal stuff at the masters its good to see snooker firstly with an atmosphere, secondly not taken too seriously, and thirdly played openly. No tactics, no gamesmanship, just good attacking stuff.
    Are you serious ??
    Turned it off after 3 frames

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Seems whites match only lasted around 7 minutes, the usual result in the end.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    I love this event, after some of the dismal stuff at the masters its good to see snooker firstly with an atmosphere, secondly not taken too seriously, and thirdly played openly. No tactics, no gamesmanship, just good attacking stuff.

Leave a comment:

• cebs
    replied
    Thought I was going to loose one of my bets in the first match then.

Great start to the event but shame neither knew about ball in hand, Davis could have cleared up from the start if he had known.

Leave a comment:

• Jake O'Sullivan
    replied
    I'd stick Lisowski in that list. A decent quick fluent player when he gets going but you never know with shootouts could be a surprise winner.

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    We can't even pick winners of the major ranking comps these days as they've all been won by someone different for the past two seasons now, the game is that open.

Events like this are a total lottery and I would imagine the players just treat this as a busman's holiiday weekend once a year for a laugh.

The no drinking rule for the players should be removed for this comp and side bets should be mandatory, just to spice it up a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• cebs
    replied
    Not much interst on here yet, hopefully pick up a bit later.

Too hard to pick a winner for this really as too randum but I've gone for Allen (based on this weeks play) and Davies as a longshot !

Thought I think it is quite easy to pick some first round accumulators that should/hopefully come off.

1st round picks for me to win are :
    Allen
    Ding
    Higgins
    Murphy
    Hawkins
    Bingham
    Dott

and some maybes

White
    Campbell
    Milkins
    Walden
    King
    Doherty
    Bond
    McLeod
    Wenbo

If all this lot win i will have a nice weekend thats for sure.

Leave a comment:

• cebs
    replied
    Higgins is in it according to the match schedule, i hope so as he is part of my accumulator.

It robertson and trump that are missing as SSB posted before, shame some people talk a good game but then dont back it up.

Cannot wait to see Ebdon and his Vegan Power tonight and Milkins vs Carter looks like a great first round match.

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    No Higgins or Trump, obviously they're getting paid too much.

Leave a comment:

• Looki
    replied
    arbs' fav tourney, no doubt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X