No announcement yet.

German Masters 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just noticed that Higgins lost to Peter Lines. Didn't see that one coming.

This season has been such a struggle for him, even more so than last season, but he did manage that win in Shanghai. Perhaps he is just getting too old to really put the work in, and we might start seeing a more Ebdon-like approach from him, as dangerous as ever when on form, but having lots of bad tournaments as well...

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

This season has been such a struggle for him, even more so than last season, but he did manage that win in Shanghai. Perhaps he is just getting too old to really put the work in, and we might start seeing a more Ebdon-like approach from him, as dangerous as ever when on form, but having lots of bad tournaments as well...
      Lines beat Higgins in shoot-out already(ok just one frame).
      This is one interesting quote too..
      Originally Posted by Snookerbacker
      I have slight doubts about John Higgins at the moment and I can’t put my finger on why that is. He looks as determined as ever but in both the UK and the Masters he’s not really delivered when pushed, which is very unlike him. I remember when Stephen Hendry started to lose his killer edge it was around the same time that he started practicing on his own at home rather than ‘going to work’ at a club. John has recently done the same thing and as their careers have always been about winning you wonder if the same might be beginning to happen to him.

Comment

And White lost to Dale....how often does White actually win these days? 1 match in 10?

Comment

Bit controversial here but I still don't think Higgins has looked as confident since he changed cue. I know people will point out that final against trump when he came back and also had the 147 but apart from a few matches his game looks all over the place.

He's missing far more straightforward balls than he has ever done and he seems to be hitting shots either thick or thin over distance. These are more signs that a cue isn't suiting you rather than just a drop in form. Only he can answer that question but I've had reservations all season with it and its just not like him to be struggling as much as he is now. Its not like with his technique a lot can go wrong.

Comment

Very nice 153-0 (141 break) by Trump

Comment

Oh dear, the green off the spot I fear for James atm...

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Bit controversial here but I still don't think Higgins has looked as confident since he changed cue. I know people will point out that final against trump when he came back and also had the 147 but apart from a few matches his game looks all over the place.

He's missing far more straightforward balls than he has ever done and he seems to be hitting shots either thick or thin over distance. These are more signs that a cue isn't suiting you rather than just a drop in form. Only he can answer that question but I've had reservations all season with it and its just not like him to be struggling as much as he is now. Its not like with his technique a lot can go wrong.
                Its very possible his games just starting to decline, happened to Hendry in his 30's as well.

Comment

Ali getting his ass handed to him.

Comment

Did Dave Hendon do an earlier match? I don't remember him ever going to the far east,not even Deutschland either ? :-s

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Yay. Go Peter. :applouse:
                      Plays out of my local club.

Comment

A couple of good breaks from Trump, particularly that 141 clearance, but also a lot of easy misses in the 2nd and 3rd frame. Similar story to Murphy really, he is lucky that his opponent hasn't punished him so far. Although I have the feeling Trump has another gear if the match gets close.

Comment

Not in at the mo so no tv but good luck to TSF's very own Fraser Patrick against Carter
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just checked WS scores 3-1 to Patrick
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cme on wattana you can do it me son...

Comment

And suddenly we got 2 games at 3-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X