No announcement yet.

German Masters 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judd int all that after all is he, he int no ron or hendry that's for sure..

He's shat unless his long potting is spot on eh.

Comment

This is beginning to look like Trump's match against Joyce at the UK. He probably took it for granted after Wattana failed to provide a decent challenge before the interval, and now he finds himself under pressure again. :wink:

Comment

Unbelievable, how can Watana be 4 - 3 ahead after playing so poorly? Obvious answer I suppose, Trumps playing worse. Strange match this.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Trump said they weren't getting paid enough, has nobody told him yet that it is performance related pay?

Comment

Don't forget that a forum member here is playing in the tournament! Sadly, it looks like 5-3 for Carter right now...

Comment

Win for Carter
              Seemed that Fraser gave Ali a run for his money though.
              Well done FP
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Nice finish from Trump, won it in one visit when it mattered the most. :smile:

It could have been very different though, Wattana could have easily landed on that pink. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Unbelievable, how can Watana be 4 - 3 ahead after playing so poorly? Obvious answer I suppose, Trumps playing worse. Strange match this.

-
                  what match were you watching, that was as good as I've seen from wattana in a long time. A ton and some other good breaks, he played very well after the interval. Trump made one mistake in not having the cueball replaced when wattana was snookered behind the black, he took on the pink as free ball but the cueball ended up behind the black and consequently cost him the frame. After that wattana put 2 solid frames together to lead 4-3. Then Trump flicked a switch and won the match in style in the end.

Good win and hopefully fills him with confidence.

Comment

Judd just managed to get over the line, when Watanna clipped that red in it was a shame he didn't get on the pink to middle.

I do wish they would stop going on about how many centuries Judd and Selby have made this season and last, he said it almost half a dozen times tonight that Judd is the first player ever to make 50 by end of Jan. How can you compare the last few seasons to the last decades previous when sometimes they had 6 events and now there is about 50. I think some of the records need to have a line drawn under them and start again as you just cannot compare the season of 07/08 to 11/12 in terms of events played.

Rant over but it annoys me.

Loads of matches tomorrow, 15 but no idea which are on the main table yet, i'd like to see :
                    King vs Maguire - both have a mean looking angry face or Allen vs Dale then
                    Ding vs Campbell but i think Selby will be on the main table then
                    Allen/Dale vs Hawkins

Just realized 3 people who win in the morning play again in the night session, don't see that too often in a real ranking event - non ptc event or premier/championship match I mean.

Comment

Great start from Holt with a 144 first frame against Williams, took him less than ten minutes but guess what, soon as he pots the black both he and Williams leave the arena for a 'comfort' break - they'd only just got there!!

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                        Great start from Holt with a 144 first frame against Williams, took him less than ten minutes but guess what, soon as he pots the black both he and Williams leave the arena for a 'comfort' break - they'd only just got there!!
                        I hope you don't like darts on sky then. They can't play a set or 5 legs without going off stage and that can sometimes be less than 6 minutes depending on the speed of the players! I think its partly to do with TV as well, they have to wait in the arena until the ad breaks finish or they have stopped analysing the frame in the studio, they just feel they want to get out and try and focus for the next frame.

Personally I've nothing against it so long as they don't hold up play for any longer than say 3 minutes. Some players have been known to stay out the arean for over 5 minutes and that is not on, unless they have a medical reason for it.

Comment

I was wondering about that, in PDC darts they have set breaks in TV comps where they walk off stage after the first set, third set, etc and that is for ad breaks, with Barry increasing the number of comps and tv coverage which is mostly ad-based tv channels, maybe it's the way he sees as increasing revenue, get the players used to compulsory breaks after every frame?

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                            what match were you watching, that was as good as I've seen from wattana in a long time.
                            He was awfull in the first half of the match, after Trump's 130+ he looked totally lacking in confidence, and missing easy balls left right and center didn't help. But you're right, he was more like his old self and played the best I've seen for a while, once he realised Judd was struggling.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

So it's the usual crap from Williams and Maguire again, I don't know why I'm still surprised. :smile:

Holt played alright I guess, he did go into his usual nervy mode towards the end, but Williams was nowhere near solid enough to take any advantage. Great chance for either Holt and Maflin now...

It's tough to comment on Maguire without actually seeing the match, especially as King has his moments of playing well, but to be whitewashed is really poor. A year ago Maguire whitewashed Higgins and Murphy in this tournament, but that kind of form seems like ancient history now.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                Personally I've nothing against it so long as they don't hold up play for any longer than say 3 minutes. Some players have been known to stay out the arean for over 5 minutes and that is not on, unless they have a medical reason for it.
                                It does also depend on the layout of the backstage area. I understand that, at the Wembley Arena, the walk to the toilet would make it impossible to go and return inside 3 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                                X