Tickets for World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets for World Championship

Sorry if this is a bit too obvious but I'm new to snooker and most defintly new to the World Championship

Anyhow, I'm going to visit Sheffield to watch a few games during the WC but I dont really get how the tickets and games are planned.
    It says "Session time" with start at 10am, 2.30pm and 7pm on most days, is one session never more than one game and usually a game take more than one session?
    So if I buy a ticket to a session at 10am I can expect to watch until latest 2.30pm where the new session starts and a ticket for the 2.30pm session is needed?

I think at no matter what games it will be drawn that my tickets will show it will be great fun, but thought it wound be good to know how the ticket system works as I have no clue except for some guessing
    Thanks in advance!

At the World Championships you will get to watch one match during a session. If it's a first round, you'll see either 9 frames (first session) or up to 10 (second session) until the match concludes. There will be two matches playing but depending on where you sit you will probably only be able to see one. You will have your seat until the end of your session, which is likely to be around 1.00p.m. but could be earlier or later depending upon how quickly the match goes. You'll then need a separate ticket for a later session.

At other tournaments you often get to see two complete first to five matches in a session, but the world championships is different.

Comment

thanks very much for the information

Originally Posted by murdock View Post
      At the World Championships you will get to watch one match during a session. If it's a first round, you'll see either 9 frames (first session) or up to 10 (second session) until the match concludes. There will be two matches playing but depending on where you sit you will probably only be able to see one. You will have your seat until the end of your session, which is likely to be around 1.00p.m. but could be earlier or later depending upon how quickly the match goes. You'll then need a separate ticket for a later session.

At other tournaments you often get to see two complete first to five matches in a session, but the world championships is different.

Comment

I'll be paying my first visit to Sheffield this year,don't have a date set yet,but what fantastic value at £5 a session to watch the qualifying rounds.

Comment

I ordered mine in June. Going to the opening weekend. 6 sessions. (3 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday totalling three matches in full.)

Though, they were supposed to send them in January, they haven't arrived yet.

Comment

Working...
          X