O'Sullivan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Sullivan ?

IMO the greatest player to ever pick up a cue, have trouble understanding why he isn't going to defend his title ?

Do we know for certain that he isn't? As far as I understand it the door is still open to him to enter the Worlds (for a short while).

Comment

Who? Oh, him.

I believe Barry has given him until the end of February to make his mind up, unless he's on his game and will take the competition seriously he should stay away, his display in the PTC earlier in the season was shameful.

As much as people may not like Selby he has the chance to do the treble now this season, a rare happening, Higgins could land his fifth or Williams his third, maybe we'll see a complete outsider win it, he's yesterday's hero now.

Comment

If the Rocket doesn't decide to play that's his business like he says he's got nothing to prove maybe family life has priority now but calling him yesterdays hero is an insult guys like Selby and Ebdon are like watching paint dry. If the Rocket packs it in then the only hope we have in keeping this cherished game exciting is Judd Trump JMHO

Comment

Originally Posted by allanr5 View Post
          If the Rocket doesn't decide to play that's his business like he says he's got nothing to prove maybe family life has priority now but calling him yesterdays hero is an insult guys like Selby and Ebdon are like watching paint dry. If the Rocket packs it in then the only hope we have in keeping this cherished game exciting is Judd Trump JMHO
          ... true insult to someone that made the game become so popular and gave it a new breath . he is arrogant , underachiever ... or whatever but never provided so boring matches you can see more and more often .

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
            IMO the greatest player to ever pick up a cue, have trouble understanding why he isn't going to defend his title ?
            family issues are obviously a big factor in his decision making but over the years he has made it abundantly clear that he is fed up with having to deal with players who don't play 'proper snooker' e.g. players like mark selby who want to turn snooker into curling or lawn bowling. so, the best & most exciting player in the world wants to play with other exciting players to please the audience with exciting snooker - sounds pretty good to me

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/o...093659118.html
            Last edited by arbitrage; 28 January 2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
              family issues are obviously a big factor in his decision making but over the years he has made it abundantly clear that he is fed up with having to deal with players who don't play 'proper snooker' e.g. players like mark selby who want to turn snooker into curling or lawn bowling. so, the best & most exciting player in the world wants to play with other exciting players to please the audience with exciting snooker - sounds pretty good to me

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/o...093659118.html
              "Ronnie O'Sullivan has proposed snooker's biggest names break away from World Snooker and set up 'Champions League' like events..."

This was last summer. We haven't heard about it ever since. Ronnie wants this and that every once in a while, especially publicity. Nothing ever happens, though. I'm very surprised that he has kept his word and stayed on a break. It's a good way to start and learn to put his money where his mouth is.

Comment

Yeah but isn't this what makes Ronnie interesting. He's always been like this. He's the sort of player who would come back for the worlds to defend his title and win it again. Nobody knows what's happening yet, he might be at his best atm practicing hard to make a comeback, we just don't know.

Hope we see him though.

Comment

Talking malarkey doesn't make anyone interesting, quite the opposite. But his greatness around the table can't be questioned, that's clear by simply looking at him play when on form. However, he isn't the greatest ever player in my opinion.

Comment

Agreed Looki. He shouldn't come back. He has proved what he needed to, and to go out as reigning World Champion and not defending it placed the biggest possible exclamation mark on his career!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can someone clear this point.Ronnie is currently out of top 16(ranked 20th)
                      If Ronnie decides to play at the crucible will he be given main draw entry as he is the defending champion or he will have to play a final round qualifying match.
                      Players ranked 17-32 play the last qualifying match to enter the main draw.
                      My deep screw shot
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
                        If Ronnie decides to play at the crucible will he be given main draw entry as he is the defending champion or he will have to play a final round qualifying match.
                        He will be in the main draw, seeded as #1. Actually, if he decides to play any tournament this season he will be seeded #2 after the defending champion. But I doubt he will.
                        ------------------------------
                        2008 UK-Championship fantasy game winner
                        2009 Premier League Fantasy game winner
                        2011 German Masters fantasy game winner

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                          Agreed Looki. He shouldn't come back. He has proved what he needed to, and to go out as reigning World Champion and not defending it placed the biggest possible exclamation mark on his career!!!!!!!!!
                          I'm not against him coming back. He can come back if he wants, he's a fine snooker player.

Comment

I gotta say I dont think Ronnie is the Greatest Player of all time! But he could have been if he wanted too thats for sure. He is the Best thing ever to happen to snooker as he would draw a crowd everywhere he goes and so Brilliant to watch.

I gotta say the Snooker at present is so so boring its unreal! yes Trump is quite good to watch but nothing like Ronnie as Ronnie was alot better and he will never replace him for sure.

As a few people already mentioned there are quite a few Very Boring Players at present including No1 Mark Selby! I cannot beleive he is no1 as personally i dont think he good enough. But there arent anybody else really dominating thats why he is No1.

I just hope there are a few more new young talent coming thru who are Watchable and great for the Game.

" RONNIE PLEASE COME BACK SNOOKER NEEDS YOU FOR SURE "

Comment

I think the game could always welcome back Ronnie though and I think a lot of people would agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X