• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smeeagain
    replied
    where to see Ronnie play ?

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    Indeed......winning the World title after a year out is insane and is probably the greatest ever achievement in snooker 10/10
    I'm fairly new to the forum having posted only a couple of times and thought I'd posted this message already but can't see it anywhere so apologies to the moderators if I'm re-posting the same message. Ronnie has been quoted in the last few days as saying he would do smaller events and events he was contracted to do. Given his eternal threat/desire to retire I feel that I should take the chance to go and see him play live while I still can, because oen day he really will retire! Can anyone tell me please how I would find out where he is playing?

Thanks

Smee

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Originally Posted by Smeeagain View Post
    He's no longer yesterday's hero. he is today's living legend
    Indeed......winning the World title after a year out is insane and is probably the greatest ever achievement in snooker 10/10

Leave a comment:

• Smeeagain
    replied
    Originally Posted by sberry View Post
    Who? Oh, him.

I believe Barry has given him until the end of February to make his mind up, unless he's on his game and will take the competition seriously he should stay away, his display in the PTC earlier in the season was shameful.

As much as people may not like Selby he has the chance to do the treble now this season, a rare happening, Higgins could land his fifth or Williams his third, maybe we'll see a complete outsider win it, he's yesterday's hero now.
    He's no longer yesterday's hero. he is today's living legend

Leave a comment:

• Jake O'Sullivan
    replied
    I agree with it being weird seeing Selby as No1 but you can't fault his record and the effort he puts in the get to that spot. I'd agree with the top 5/6 players but I'd put Judd back upto number 1.

Leave a comment:

• Jake O'Sullivan
    replied
    I think the game could always welcome back Ronnie though and I think a lot of people would agree.

Leave a comment:

• gazza147
    replied
    I gotta say I dont think Ronnie is the Greatest Player of all time! But he could have been if he wanted too thats for sure. He is the Best thing ever to happen to snooker as he would draw a crowd everywhere he goes and so Brilliant to watch.

I gotta say the Snooker at present is so so boring its unreal! yes Trump is quite good to watch but nothing like Ronnie as Ronnie was alot better and he will never replace him for sure.

As a few people already mentioned there are quite a few Very Boring Players at present including No1 Mark Selby! I cannot beleive he is no1 as personally i dont think he good enough. But there arent anybody else really dominating thats why he is No1.

I just hope there are a few more new young talent coming thru who are Watchable and great for the Game.

" RONNIE PLEASE COME BACK SNOOKER NEEDS YOU FOR SURE "

Leave a comment:

• Looki
    replied
    Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
    Agreed Looki. He shouldn't come back. He has proved what he needed to, and to go out as reigning World Champion and not defending it placed the biggest possible exclamation mark on his career!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not against him coming back. He can come back if he wants, he's a fine snooker player.

Leave a comment:

• Capelito
    replied
    Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
    If Ronnie decides to play at the crucible will he be given main draw entry as he is the defending champion or he will have to play a final round qualifying match.
    He will be in the main draw, seeded as #1. Actually, if he decides to play any tournament this season he will be seeded #2 after the defending champion. But I doubt he will.

Leave a comment:

• sunny3909
    replied
    Can someone clear this point.Ronnie is currently out of top 16(ranked 20th)
    If Ronnie decides to play at the crucible will he be given main draw entry as he is the defending champion or he will have to play a final round qualifying match.
    Players ranked 17-32 play the last qualifying match to enter the main draw.

Leave a comment:

• screw-back
    replied
    Agreed Looki. He shouldn't come back. He has proved what he needed to, and to go out as reigning World Champion and not defending it placed the biggest possible exclamation mark on his career!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Looki
    replied
    Talking malarkey doesn't make anyone interesting, quite the opposite. But his greatness around the table can't be questioned, that's clear by simply looking at him play when on form. However, he isn't the greatest ever player in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Jake O'Sullivan
    replied
    Yeah but isn't this what makes Ronnie interesting. He's always been like this. He's the sort of player who would come back for the worlds to defend his title and win it again. Nobody knows what's happening yet, he might be at his best atm practicing hard to make a comeback, we just don't know.

Hope we see him though.

Leave a comment:

• Looki
    replied
    Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
    family issues are obviously a big factor in his decision making but over the years he has made it abundantly clear that he is fed up with having to deal with players who don't play 'proper snooker' e.g. players like mark selby who want to turn snooker into curling or lawn bowling. so, the best & most exciting player in the world wants to play with other exciting players to please the audience with exciting snooker - sounds pretty good to me

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/o...093659118.html
    "Ronnie O'Sullivan has proposed snooker's biggest names break away from World Snooker and set up 'Champions League' like events..."

This was last summer. We haven't heard about it ever since. Ronnie wants this and that every once in a while, especially publicity. Nothing ever happens, though. I'm very surprised that he has kept his word and stayed on a break. It's a good way to start and learn to put his money where his mouth is.

Leave a comment:

• arbitrage
    replied
    Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
    IMO the greatest player to ever pick up a cue, have trouble understanding why he isn't going to defend his title ?
    family issues are obviously a big factor in his decision making but over the years he has made it abundantly clear that he is fed up with having to deal with players who don't play 'proper snooker' e.g. players like mark selby who want to turn snooker into curling or lawn bowling. so, the best & most exciting player in the world wants to play with other exciting players to please the audience with exciting snooker - sounds pretty good to me

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/o...093659118.html
    Last edited by arbitrage; 28 January 2013, 04:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• liquidsymphony
    replied
    Originally Posted by allanr5 View Post
    If the Rocket doesn't decide to play that's his business like he says he's got nothing to prove maybe family life has priority now but calling him yesterdays hero is an insult guys like Selby and Ebdon are like watching paint dry. If the Rocket packs it in then the only hope we have in keeping this cherished game exciting is Judd Trump JMHO
    ... true insult to someone that made the game become so popular and gave it a new breath . he is arrogant , underachiever ... or whatever but never provided so boring matches you can see more and more often .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X