1 Surrinder Gill 5 Ali Bassiri 0
    2 Barry Stark 5 Ian Stark 4
    3 Paul Wykes 5 Robin Hull 2
    (102) (137)
    4 Stephen Ormerod 5 Bill Kelly 0
    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Joe Swail 5-1 David Morris

Comment

Yes A very good win for Joe Swail over David Morris another good Irish player who also dropped off the main tour last year, not sure if David is playing in the Q school next month. Also Andrew Norman beats Philip Minchin 5-1, and also playing this afternoon are Surinder Gill and Les Dodd (the former slimmer of the year), who both quailfied for the final stages of the Cruciable in 1994, Surinder Gill was beaten 10-1 by Stephen Hendry and Les Dodd was beaten 10-9 in a final frame shoot out by Steve James (Of Cannock) both in the last 32, and the other match in this afternoon's session is between Stephen Rowlings and Barry Stark
      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

when does this start being televised i thought it was this week some point.also what channel is it on thanks alot

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
          Yes A very good win for Joe Swail over David Morris another good Irish player who also dropped off the main tour last year, not sure if David is playing in the Q school next month. Also Andrew Norman beats Philip Minchin 5-1, and also playing this afternoon are Surinder Gill and Les Dodd (the former slimmer of the year), who both quailfied for the final stages of the Cruciable in 1994, Surinder Gill was beaten 10-1 by Stephen Hendry and Les Dodd was beaten 10-9 in a final frame shoot out by Steve James (Of Cannock) both in the last 32, and the other match in this afternoon's session is between Stephen Rowlings and Barry Stark
          Interesting, thanks for that MrSnooker.

Originally Posted by emerald gem View Post
          when does this start being televised i thought it was this week some point.also what channel is it on thanks alot

The qualifying stage is on now, but only online.

ATM we have Patrick Wallace v Stephen Ormerod on Table 1 and Lucky Vatnani v Paul Wykes on table 2.

Official world snooker site to watch for £3 a month:
          http://www.worldsnooker.livesport.tv/liveevent/event

Dodgy free streams:

Table 1:
          http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130404/v...75-554691.html

Table 2:
          http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130404/v...92-554696.html

-
          Last edited by PatBlock; 4 April 2013, 07:26 PM.
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

No question that Swail and Wallace are still easily of a standard good enough to have some success on the Tour.

Bad luck to veteran Tony Knowles. Nice to see a former top star from the 80's having a go - add's a bit of spice to the qualifying competition. Also Les Dodd and Tony Chappel. Tony played really well in the World Seniors so no surprise to see him win yesterday. Interesting that Knowles beat Chappel at the Crucible 10-4, 23-years ago! Dodd first qualified for the Crucible 30 years ago, when he was beaten 10-7 by Eddie Charlton. The same year Knowles would lose an epic semi-final to Thorburn, 16-15, which finished in the early hours. Leading 15-13, he fluffed a simple pink when clearing up for the match. Thorburn later fluked what was effectively 'match ball' final red in the decider. As Jack Karnehm said in the commentary box, "Well, well, it's riggled in the jaws, gone straight along... poor Tony".
            Last edited by Cyril; 5 April 2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Come on Luca!
              Box the chimp.

Comment

Id like to See White actually get a run at the championships this year, very much doubt it though. He's not qualified for the TV stages for something like 5 or 6 years now I think.

Comment

Originally Posted by Holden Chinaski View Post
                  Come on Luca!
                  Very much split with that match, would love to see Luca go far in the tournament but Fraser is a member on here and seems a very nice chap! :snooker:
                  "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Great start from Patrick!

Comment

Is it just me or does Patrick's tip sound really bad, almost like he's always getting a heavy connection on the cueball? :snooker:
                      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

We've got two talented players there but Luca seems to be struggling a lot. His safety play in particular is a disaster. If he could fix it, there will be some twists in this game

Is it just me or does Patrick's tip sound really bad, almost like he's always getting a heavy connection on the cueball?
                        I'd say the acoustics of those tiny rooms play a part in the poor quality of the sound overall
                        Last edited by Valiullin; 6 April 2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Luca seems to be whacking the balls alot!

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                            Is it just me or does Patrick's tip sound really bad, almost like he's always getting a heavy connection on the cueball? :snooker:
                            probably a combination of bad acoustics and poor audio pickup, and he possibly uses a hard tip?
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              probably a combination of bad acoustics and poor audio pickup, and he possibly uses a hard tip?
                              Probably, although I'll just blame Raymo's tip fitting skills haha- you know I'm joking if you're reading this lol. I have been using Titans for about a year and everyone comments on how bad it sounds so it could just be a super hard tip like those, I really quite like them though.

Comment

Working...
                              X