Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maflin a great bet to beat Ebdon??

Hi guys!

I watched all of the Davis/Maflin match in which Maflin ended up winning 10-7. I have to say i was very impressed with Maflin, especially the way he closed out the match, and i feel a bit for Steve as he did not play badly at all.

I have been pondering a decent size bet on Maflin to beat Ebdon at 1.91. What do you guys think?

Ebdon has been practicing with o'sullivan so he may be playing ok. Maflin has some matchplay though. Tough call.

Comment

Not great news to hear. The bets on now though and still pretty confident he can do it.

Comment

not a bet i would make. needs to be 3/1
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Looking at bet365 I'm a little suprised that Maflin is the favourite in that match (4/5). Great talent but Ebdon is a solid match player and has proven himself at the Worlds many times over. I'm thinking Ebdon at evens is much better value.

Comment

On Hills they are both 5/6 but i managed 2 get 10/11 which was the best price i found. Very much looking forward 2 the match 2moro.

Comment

Good luck anyway.

Comment

Maflin is playing better relatively form wise than Ebdon recently. Maflin is fast/fluent and Ebdon is slow/grinding. Ebdon has the experience of longer matches and Maflin doesn't. Maflin gets beat often by slower players. Maflin is ranked 66 and Ebdon 31. Most snooker matches go with the higher ranked players regardless of length.

I would suggest Ebdon should be favourite at 4/6 and Maflin outsider at 6/4. I would not back either of them at those prices but if you put a gun to my head it's lay Maflin at 5/6.

Good luck as I'm hoping the grinders get KO'd before it starts properly.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                  Not much chance of getting rid of Selby then Id prefer to watch Ebon over Selby, the Weeble Wobble cue action gives me a headache.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                    As much as I'd like to see Maflin beat Ebdon I've had to bet with my head not my heart. Tenner on Ebdon at evens & tempted to double it up just now

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                      Not much chance of getting rid of Selby then Id prefer to watch Ebon over Selby, the Weeble Wobble cue action gives me a headache.
                      back that 100% i spoke to a well known player recently who agreed the guy is unwatchable!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I know people hate Peter but he play slow because he doesn't want to be beaten (who does) but he is a class player (I think so any way) I for one hope he does well!

Comment

It still amazes me how Selby delivers the cue straight thru with the amount of movement. I personally like watching him as I love the tactical side as well as the century breaks. He also has a great snooker brain. There's a lot of folk that can't stand him though!
                          I maybe should have waited for replies 2 this thread before putting the bet on but if u have a gut feeling about a bet, go for it I say! Thanks for ur replies guys.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
                            As much as I'd like to see Maflin beat Ebdon I've had to bet with my head not my heart. Tenner on Ebdon at evens & tempted to double it up just now
                            Wish I'd followed up after saying this, still can't complain!! Glued to live scores now just waiting on Yu DeLu to beat Mark King for a nice little win!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
                              Wish I'd followed up after saying this, still can't complain!! Glued to live scores now just waiting on Yu DeLu to beat Mark King for a nice little win!!
                              Shame Yu Delu let your bet down. he was 9-8 up only needed a few more colours played a bad shot on the yellow that was in the jaws of the pocket after Mark King missed and finished too thin on the green he tried cutting it in and missed, lost the frame for it to be 9-9. then lost the decider

Comment

Working...
                              X