Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    as I mentioned a few posts ago, due to cost cutting a few years ago the BBC have reduced their Red Button facilities and this means they no longer can supply the channels to show multiple tables

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    That's what I was saying. You got a choice as one table was getting shown on BBC Two and the other was available on the red button. As I say, the BBC no longer have the capability to show more than one table on the red button so you'll only get a choice when snooker is getting shown on either BBC One or BBC Two at the same time as the red button.
    My apologies, Zoe, I obviously misread your post.

When you say they no longer have the capability to show two tables on the red button, do you happen to know why this is the case?

Leave a comment:

• iNko
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I don't know if you're aware of it, but we don't get the BBC for free you know. We HAVE to pay £145 a year if we own a TV or any device which is capable of receiving BBC programs. Even if you never watch the BBC, you can end up in prison if you don't have a TV license. This generates a guaranteed £3.45 billion a year for the BBC, with no commercial pressure whatsoever. So taking that into consideration, I think we have the right to expect a reasonable quality of service, for all programs, including their freeview interactive snooker coverage, which to be quite honest, is a joke.

-
    As I said in a previous post I pay for a UK TV license.

I can understand you guys being annoyed by the lack of BBC2 coverage. My point is that they have full coverage on there website which is very watchable. It's better than them having absolutely no snooker coverage at all.
    Last edited by iNko; 22 April 2013, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zoe
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Not so. There's been a couple of occasions since yesterday when BBC2 were showing one match, and the other was on the red button.
    That's what I was saying. You got a choice as one table was getting shown on BBC Two and the other was available on the red button. As I say, the BBC no longer have the capability to show more than one table on the red button so you'll only get a choice when snooker is getting shown on either BBC One or BBC Two at the same time as the red button.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    The only reason you got a table choice was that the other table was getting shown on BBC One/BBC Two at the same time.
    Not so. There's been a couple of occasions since yesterday when BBC2 were showing one match, and the other was on the red button.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by iNko View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the BBC showing play from the tables in full with commentary on their website thoughout the WC?

If so I really don't see what all the fuss is about as you can easily just stream from the website and hook a laptop via HDMI to your TV.
    Well that's all fine and dandy, if you have access to all of that equipment, the knowledge to use it, and a decent enough broadband service to boot. However, spare a thought for those that don't, and there are plenty of them out there, e.g. the little old lady who's been watching snooker since it was broadcast in B&W, now 'living' on a state pension of £100 a week, freeview is, and will probably continue to be, her only affordable option.

Originally Posted by iNko View Post
    At least you have BBC coverage and don't have to watch through crappy advertisement heavy foriegn streams.
    I don't know if you're aware of it, but we don't get the BBC for free you know. We HAVE to pay £145 a year if we own a TV or any device which is capable of receiving BBC programs. Even if you never watch the BBC, you can end up in prison if you don't have a TV license. This generates a guaranteed £3.45 billion a year for the BBC, with no commercial pressure whatsoever. So taking that into consideration, I think we have the right to expect a reasonable quality of service, for all programs, including their freeview interactive snooker coverage, which to be quite honest, is a joke.

-

Leave a comment:

• scottley
    replied
    Every match i've wanted to watch so far has'nt been on the BBC/Red button so far, sods law, my iPad has'nt been off charge for days lol.

Leave a comment:

• Zoe
    replied
    Bollards to Hearn! I'm taking credit for getting table choice back on interactive, as it all changed half an hour after I'd emailed them to complain
    The only reason you got a table choice was that the other table was getting shown on BBC One/BBC Two at the same time. It's not a case of the BBC choosing not to give you the option of two tables on the red button these days, they simply no longer have the capability to do so.

Leave a comment:

• david16
    replied
    The BBC's coverage is pathetically shallow.

Leave a comment:

• david16
    replied
    Saving money doesn't give the BBC the excuse to put hours of coverage of the marathon fun runners on the red button instead of the snooker.
    Last edited by david16; 22 April 2013, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Bollards to Hearn! I'm taking credit for getting table choice back on interactive, as it all changed half an hour after I'd emailed them to complain
    Yep...you are definately the man! Hats off

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Sam1036 View Post
    This was already all in the BBC schedule so he hasn't done anything.
    I thought this was the case too and it's all fair and well the BBC saying they are cutting costs but surely showing and extra table on interactive cannot really cost the BBC that much more money if any really?

Leave a comment:

• Sam1036
    replied
    This was already all in the BBC schedule so he hasn't done anything.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    [QUOTE=DeanH;704393]at least it is the non-TV table being shown on the Red Button

Very true mate at least it is a step in the right direction !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X