BBC Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    yep I agree, I missed the first one (and I think another, not sure) and would like to see them all. Come on BBC I'm sure you have enough hard-drive space to upload these shorties onto your server
    Perhaps we can get Barry to write another letter?

They obviously went to some length's to put the features together, even sending Steve Davis out on a visit to a pub, why not get the most out of it?

Comment

"visit a pub" - great call
      I am sure they will pop up somewhere at sometime, will keep an eye out
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Maybe someone will upload them on Youtube...

Comment

Ok I may be being a tad thick here but I just got back to the UK and is the red button coverage not in HD?

I was shocked to see the red button picture quality is worse than you get on the website. Bizarre!

Comment

That's the BBC these days. Giving us pixellated coverage of the Snooker. All of their other programmes will follow suit eventually.

Comment

I live in an area not covered by a main transmitter and get my tv signal from a relay transmitter that only gives me about twenty freeview channels. I don't get HD of any kind although I do get Gay Rabbit Chat & Date which is thoughtful of them

What I don't like is having the BBC switch tables from my chosen match on 301 when the main BBC programme ends and then having to fire up my PC and watch the match as if Ray Harryhausen had animated it in 1962 as my broadband speed is veeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy slllooooooooowwwwwwwwwww.

This is the modern world

Comment

What day was the Joe Davis Story on maybe u can still catch up with it on bbc iplayer and how far was it into the programme, would like to see it, also As you say hopefully somebody might post it onto youtube for future viewing

you are also right about the red button not good at all only allowing us to view the one table.

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                Coverage isn't as good as previous years. Very often the red button facility isn't giving choice of tables, which can be annoying.

I saw the feature on Joe Davis by Steve Davis and Roger Lee and loved it. Can't understand why the video isn't available to watch on the BBC website along with the various other's you can click on, like Thorburn's, White's, Hendry's 147's.
                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                  What day was the Joe Davis Story on maybe u can still catch up with it on bbc iplayer and how far was it into the programme, would like to see it, also As you say hopefully somebody might post it onto youtube for future viewing

you are also right about the red button not good at all only allowing us to view the one table.
                  It was shown at 11:40 on Saturday morning, 27th April. I can tell you this accuracy as my mum text me to say it was on and I just checked when she sent it. Otherwise I too would have missed it.

Comment

It must have been repeated then because i saw it yesterday, are we talking about the episode where Steve Davis is talking with the crooked spire in the background? He also visits a pub and shows you a plaque? I too hope this is repeated, i love watching this stuff, i was very surprised how posh Joe spoke too!
                    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Thank You Cyril and i was checking the Friday iPlayer went through it about 3 times, will watch it later after this afternoo's session

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                      It was shown at 11:40 on Saturday morning, 27th April. I can tell you this accuracy as my mum text me to say it was on and I just checked when she sent it. Otherwise I too would have missed it.
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• I have a bad feeling that the iPlayer files are only the matches and the inter-frame chats and not the main skits between sessions which is when the Steve D History bits are played. As I have also gone through and not found them.
                        And yes, the Joe Davis episode was repeated, from Friday afternoon I think.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                          It must have been repeated then because i saw it yesterday, are we talking about the episode where Steve Davis is talking with the crooked spire in the background? He also visits a pub and shows you a plaque? I too hope this is repeated, i love watching this stuff, i was very surprised how posh Joe spoke too!
                          Yes that's the one. It featured Steve Davis and the historian, Roger Lee, talking about Joe. Indeed, the famous crooked spire of Chesterfield, Joe's home town. Joe's spoke like a proper old English gentleman, didn't he?

I just can't understand why the BBC haven't put these video's on their website?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cyril View Post

I just can't understand why the BBC haven't put these video's on their website?

Agreed, i've missed a couple for sure and i'd gladly watch the whole lot again from start to finish!
                            After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Working...
                            X