BBC Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Anyway, the following email is winging its way to Hazel as we speak, and I URGE anyone else who's complained about the dwindling coverage to do the same. snooker@bbc.co.uk
    How's that for service? Half an hour after I email them, they bring back the red button table choice. See what happens when you speak up
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

BBC's coverage of Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Marcus Campbell match

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...nt-bbc-snooker

.... and we were lead to believe that coverage is a-ok and everything is fine

Comment

Thanks for posting the link.

It's about time...good on Hearn for taking action!

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          Thanks for posting the link.

It's about time...good on Hearn for taking action!
          Let's just hope they listen, and respond !!!

Comment

At last..... Hopefully there'll listen to Hearn and sort the coverage issue out!!
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
              http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...nt-bbc-snooker

.... and we were lead to believe that coverage is a-ok and everything is fine
              Thankfully, Eurosport's coverage has been increasing all the time. I don't know about eurosport.ro, though. How is the nephew doing, btw?

Comment

Barry Hearn just tweeted that the BBC will have full red button coverage of the rest of the tournament! Say what you like about him, but the guy gets results! lol.
                Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                  Barry Hearn just tweeted that the BBC will have full red button coverage of the rest of the tournament! Say what you like about him, but the guy gets results! lol.
                  Yeah that's a pretty good result. However it won't do me any good as I'm not in the UK...luckily there's still Eurosport!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                    Fair play to Barry, never been a fan of his but he has the game at his heart & has a lot of sway with the media.

Hopefully when the BBC say they will have full red button coverage it doesn't mean that they will stream the same match on interactive as they are showing on BBC 2...something they seem to be fond of doing!!

Comment

The Ebdon v Dott match was on the Red button earlier, but no sign of Allen v King, it used to be so simple a few years back, fire up the Red button and choose your table, but as usual someone has to tinker!
                      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Hearn will not hesitate to do a deal with a different broadcasters if necessary once this current deal ends.

Comment

Can see it is on the red button but only showing one table so although they are claiming they will have full red button service for remainder of tournament I really can't see this being the case, I hope I'm wrong but what has happened to when we had a full snooker interactive page with both tables and archive footage etc.... I just can't seem to vent my frustration with the BBC enough!!
                          " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

at least it is the non-TV table being shown on the Red Button

I remember when you would have both tables on the Red Button but it was a few years ago now when the BBC said to save costs they were reducing Red Button functions, and not just for snooker but across all activities
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

[QUOTE=DeanH;704393]at least it is the non-TV table being shown on the Red Button

Very true mate at least it is a step in the right direction !
                              " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

This was already all in the BBC schedule so he hasn't done anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X