No announcement yet.

BBC Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at the people in this thread feeling so entitled over their snooker coverage. I don't know if you haven't noticed but snooker isn't that popular anymore, it already has many hours dedicated to it per day and I don't think you could ask for much more.

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
      If you've got the BBC App on your TV, then you can choose tables etc. Quite useful.
      which app and platform are you using please? it would be nicer to watch on a bigger stream and be able to flick between tables.

I've got freeview/youview which has iplayer but no extra app.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
        That was related to the red button coverage last year when they still had the capability to show up to five interactive streams. Since October last year there has only been one interactive stream and this has to be shared between all sports/events so there will be times when there is no snooker as the other sports/events get priority. As for the BBC Two evening coverage the BBC Two Schedule confirms there will be no live snooker in the evening at least until Thursday.
        Turns out you were right - well spotted! It's slightly annoying, but at the same time, I guess the majority of people have access to some kind of stream?

Comment

Originally Posted by cebs View Post
          which app and platform are you using please? it would be nicer to watch on a bigger stream and be able to flick between tables.

I've got freeview/youview which has iplayer but no extra app.
          I've got a Panasonic and I use the BBC sport app. It's quite good. Even has a HD option, but for the life of me, I can't find how to switch it on!
          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

I haven't learned his name yet, but I really like Hazel's co-presenter. He's assured and very relaxed, which in turn puts the pundits very much at ease too. He also has a great sounding voice. Much prefer him to Rasheed or whatever it was he was called.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Jason Mohammad, did some previous Welsh Open on BBC Wales, replace Rashid.
              And I would agree, I like his manner.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Mohammad??
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

yep as per BBC websites, I did a double take myself - must be the Welsh spelling for "Smith"

Comment

yep as per BBC websites, I did a double take myself - must be the Welsh spelling for "Smith"
                    I guess so

Comment

Yup...me too. Ritchie didn't do particularly well from the beginning onwards, he always struck me as more of a golf commentator. Jason has good rapport with the boys in the studio right from the off as well.
                      Last edited by daffie; 26 April 2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

The shallow BBC coverage is a disgrace to all mankind.

Comment

Originally Posted by david16 View Post
                          The shallow BBC coverage is a disgrace to all mankind.
                          Are you talking about the lack of an evening programme? If so, then fair enough, but their coverage during the afternoon is anything but shallow.

Comment

Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                            lol at the people in this thread feeling so entitled over their snooker coverage. I don't know if you haven't noticed but snooker isn't that popular anymore, it already has many hours dedicated to it per day and I don't think you could ask for much more.
                            Laugh away mate and not sure about yourself but I would assume that the majority of people like myself will be at work during the day so not gonna catch much of the snooker from there!!
                            " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

Coverage isn't as good as previous years. Very often the red button facility isn't giving choice of tables, which can be annoying.

I saw the feature on Joe Davis by Steve Davis and Roger Lee and loved it. Can't understand why the video isn't available to watch on the BBC website along with the various other's you can click on, like Thorburn's, White's, Hendry's 147's.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                                Coverage isn't as good as previous years. Very often the red button facility isn't giving choice of tables, which can be annoying.

I saw the feature on Joe Davis by Steve Davis and Roger Lee and loved it. Can't understand why the video isn't available to watch on the BBC website along with the various other's you can click on, like Thorburn's, White's, Hendry's 147's.
                                yep I agree, I missed the first one (and I think another, not sure) and would like to see them all. Come on BBC I'm sure you have enough hard-drive space to upload these shorties onto your server

Comment

Working...
                                X