Congratualations mr. O'sullivan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratualations mr. O'sullivan

I'm the old b****** (74) from down-under who stated before the WSC you were a good thing. You have many knockers on this forum who predicted you couldn't win however, after you won they are now saying "the others players were burnt out and you were fresh .... unbelievable".

What they do not understand is, you are simply the best player in the world and leave it there.

I'm one who really enjoys your game and I know that Mr. Hendry and you are the best 2 players to ever pick up a cue.

If I was younger and in good health believe me, I would have flown over to watch your game in person.

It's a pleasure to watch you, hope you will play a few more tournie's this year as it's a good bet (odds on) I won't be around next year.

Cheers mate,
    Bob
    Last edited by blinky88; 9 May 2013, 02:52 PM.

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
    I'm the old b****** (74) from down-under who stated before the WSC you were a good thing. You have many knockers on this forum who predicted you couldn't win however, after you won they are now saying "the others players were burnt out and you were fresh .... unbelievable".
    I liked Shaun's twitter comment RE burnout..
    So I guess that's the burnout argument finished then. Barry Hawkins has played more games than anyone this season and is in the final
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
      It's a pleasure to watch you, hope you will play a few more tournie's this year as it's a good bet (odds on) I won't be around next year.
      Ronnie will be playing this year, his contract agreement states he has to participate in 10 tournaments (legends cup included).

Comment

Did this really need another thread?

Comment

Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
          Did this really need another thread?
          Sure, why not, threads are free .. tho Ferret might complain if it increases server load.
          "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
          - Linus Pauling

Comment

I agree with Clive Everton's (editor of SnookerScene magazine just in case some don't know of him). He said the 2 greatest cue men the game has ever seen were Ronnie and Walter Lindrum.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
              Ronnie will be playing this year, his contract agreement states he has to participate in 10 tournaments (legends cup included).
              So where can I find out where he is playing in these ten tournaments. With the constant threat of retiral, one day he actually will so i want to see him live while I can
              Smee

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                I liked Shaun's twitter comment RE burnout..
                So I guess that's the burnout argument finished then. Barry Hawkins has played more games than anyone this season and is in the final
                I think we heard Shaun's comment the other night on the BBC regarding the normal working person getting up every morning. However, many of those very hard working people are burnt out, so the point was and is not comparable, IMO.

The question is,,, " can you get burnt out playing this non physical sport snooker ", and the answer is a very big YES. The ones that would agree with me ( I am sure ) is the guys here with there own tables. Playing, coupled with travelling continuously will be very tiring. The rest for Ronnie gave him the upper hand IMO, the standard was way down on previous years which alot have agreed with already. Snooker is not a aerobic stamina sport so you can't compare it to the likes of athletics, tennis etc etc. Of course Ronnie played wonderful snooker though, I agree there.
                Last edited by throtts; 9 May 2013, 06:44 PM.
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by Smeeagain View Post
                  So where can I find out where he is playing in these ten tournaments. With the constant threat of retiral, one day he actually will so i want to see him live while I can
                  Smee
                  I don't think his exact schedule has been released. Though he hinted at playing in PTCs and events he didn't have to fly for.

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                    I think we heard Shaun's comment the other night on the BBC regarding the normal working person getting up every morning. However, many of those very hard working people are burnt out, so the point was and is not comparable, IMO.

The question is,,, " can you get burnt out playing this non physical sport snooker ", and the answer is a very big YES. The ones that would agree with me ( I am sure ) is the guys here with there own tables. Playing, coupled with travelling continuously will be very tiring. The rest for Ronnie gave him the upper hand IMO, the standard was way down on previous years which alot have agreed with already. Snooker is not a aerobic stamina sport so you can't compare it to the likes of athletics, tennis etc etc. Of course Ronnie played wonderful snooker though, I agree there.
                    2 things. I agree burnout exists, it's less physical and more mental with snooker but to play for that length of time still has a toll on the body as well as the mind. This may have helped Ronnie, but I think regardless he would have had a very good chance of winning. So, to say he only won because of burnout, as some have, is just plain wrong. It may have been a factor, but I don't think it was the defining factor, Ronnie skill was that by a long way IMO
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

Thank you Danny C, hope you are right.

Comment

Ronnie is near to his prime. He would have thrashed everyone if they'd all had a year off or a year playing snooker.

You are in denial if you don't accept that...

Cheers.

Comment

Anyone who wins 3 or 4 world titles today tops the feat of those who did the same in the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Working...
                          X