BBC coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC coverage

I've just discovered that the BBC now only have one interactive stream available on satellite instead of the five that used to be available so coverage will be limited to one table at most and even this will have to compete with other sports/events. Looks like I'll be watching less snooker this time.
    Last edited by Zoe; 1 December 2012, 11:42 AM.

Instead of five what?? if i may ask.
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Try watching on pc/laptop here, both tables available
      http://www.frombar.tv/

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
        Instead of five what?? if i may ask.
        Instead of the five streams that used to be availble for sports/events coverage.

Comment

I never remember there being 5 different steams cause there's normally only ever 2 tv tables.....

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
            I never remember there being 5 different steams cause there's normally only ever 2 tv tables.....
            Snooker only used two of the streams but having five available allowed other sports to be shown at the same time. On freeview where there were only two streams available, coverage of snooker was often reduced to one table to allow other sports to be shown. I believe freeview only has one stream available now though.
            Last edited by Zoe; 1 December 2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Got you..... I see what you mean now.

Comment

This was announced earlier in the year that BBC would be reducing red button coverage after The Olympics. You can still get match choice via the BBC website.

For anybody who is interested, the BBC are doing a survey at the moment that you can e-mail them requesting, reviewing the quality of the BBC Red Button Sevice. I completed the survey, telling them they were mugs for reducing the televised coverage. The e-mail address to request it is; onlineandredbutton@bbc.co.uk

Comment

Looks like Final Score is getting priority this afternoonn so no snooker on BBC TV at all.

Comment

BBC coverage

It's absolutely diabolical the coverage is. It really is.
                    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                      It's absolutely diabolical the coverage is. It really is.
                      Haha You clearly have been watching too much MOTD.
                      Last edited by daffie; 1 December 2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

After all the wait for a BBC tournament, the anticipation and good memories; after trying to get snooker on the Red Button and there being only one match being covered, and for the option for snooker to disappear all together half-way though a match!
                        I prefer to watch snooker on my TV, even though I do have a 24" computer screen, it just is not the same.

So guess what, I am back watching the matchs on British Eurosport.

I will be doing the BBC survey definitely, as has been said, diabolical so far and so disappointing

If I remember correctly; in the Clive Everton interview, posted on TSF recently, he did say that TV companies and he did name Eurosport are very happy with the viewing figures for the snooker tournaments.

come on BBC
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Its no wonder snooker is dying in this country, if the BBC can't give proper coverage of the 2nd biggest ranking event of the season and with only 3 tournaments covered by the BBC over the calendar year. A lot of people haven't got Sky so they don't get to see the Eurosport coverage which is patchy at best anyway so how else are they going to follow or want to follow the game?

The Internet is OK for the die hard fans but for snooker to flourish and keep its viewers from the UK it needs to be on mainstream TV a lot more. The BBC deserve to lose it once the contracts are up for renewal. Its refreshing to see how well ITV4 cover football and darts, they wouldn't stop broadcasting midway through, I hope they make a bid and jazz up the boring BBC coverage with the same old faces year in year out. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

cueman - just wanted to add something to your comment about Europsort coverage - recently I have noticed that it has greatly improved - I used to find it very disappointing but I think they have given it more priority and have had great coverage.
                            I notice the BBC coverage gets better into the week, but as you say, main-stream terrestrial coverage is what is required for the sport, and the BBC should be the vanguard of this trend, not letting others over-take them.
                            cheers
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              After all the wait for a BBC tournament, the anticipation and good memories; after trying to get snooker on the Red Button and there being only one match being covered, and for the option for snooker to disappear all together half-way though a match!
                              I prefer to watch snooker on my TV, even though I do have a 24" computer screen, it just is not the same.

So guess what, I am back watching the matchs on British Eurosport.

I will be doing the BBC survey definitely, as has been said, diabolical so far and so disappointing

If I remember correctly; in the Clive Everton interview, posted on TSF recently, he did say that TV companies and he did name Eurosport are very happy with the viewing figures for the snooker tournaments.

come on BBC
                              Diabolical it is I mean common BBC...it's the first day of the UK Championship and you have only aired just one hour so far! I too cannot watch snooker online, it just doesn't do it for me. So I'm forced to wait for 17:30 local time for the snooker on BBC...again only one hour! And from 20:30 Eurosport will be taking over (once again). Very glad they see snooker as an important sport worth dedicating many hours a day. I'm also dissapointed that the BBC doesn't show any snooker on the HD channel anymore. Why not...especially with all daytime hours just wasted (nothing aired at all so it seems). They did use the HD channel last year, can't remember which tournament exactly, but it was very long hours of snooker in perfect quality with for me personally the best commentating and pundit-ing with Hazel and the boys...you can't beat that (imo).
                              Last edited by daffie; 1 December 2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X