No announcement yet.

UK Championship - 2nd Roud Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I switched over for the time being to the Maguire Bingham match as Murphy seems to be running away with it now on the other table...

Comment

Maguire against Bingham was the one I was looking forward to the most, especially since they both won their 1st round matches with good performances. I fancied an in-form Maguire to be slightly stronger, but I guess Bingham's momentum is going to be tough to stop. :smile:

Anyway, doing a "daffie" tonight and watching it later. :smile:

Comment

Very costly push shot from Stephen.

All credit to him for calling it himself but how did the referee not spot it? Was she watching the other table? It was such an obvious double hit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Maguire against Bingham was the one I was looking forward to the most, especially since they both won their 1st round matches with good performances. I fancied an in-form Maguire to be slightly stronger, but I guess Bingham's momentum is going to be tough to stop. :smile:

Anyway, doing a "daffie" tonight and watching it later. :smile:
          Heh heh main-man Odrl

Btw Dott decided to do something at last and looks like he will close the gap to 4-2 down. I'm flip-flopping channels....
          Last edited by daffie; 4 December 2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Did they get rid of the partition last year? Check this out,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgYWv-zyc_w I've never been as a spectator but I'd be way more likely to go now than then.

Comment

5-2 to Murphy now...looks like an early finish. Back to the other table for me it is then...looks like 5-2 to Bingham there.

Wow...lucky Maguire to get that frame. What a difference 3-4 or 2-5!
              Last edited by daffie; 4 December 2012, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                No problem mate. Which match you going to watch tonight? Think I'll concentrate on Mags v Bingham and see how it goes, 4 - 3 to Maguire in previous meetings, so it's nicely set for Stuart to even things up.
                -
                Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                Looks like this one could go to the wire...you guys were spot on

Comment

What a terrible performance by Dott tonight. Murphy was coasting from the first pot of the first frame, and how many long pots did he miss!!! As a fellow Scot it's sad to see Dott fall from grace. He looked really rough on telly as well tonight and his eye did look a bit glazed over so maybe he's not feeling his best, but sad all the same to see him end up as such a poor player. Well done Murphy for playing solid but he wasn't up against much!

Comment

Nice to see Bingham play so well, back to back centuries, the man to beat imo!

Edit: lol maybe not back to back...
                    Last edited by SouthPaw; 4 December 2012, 10:14 PM.
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

That Bingham-Maguire match was awesome! Very entertaining with a nice rhythm to it. I agree, Stuart is very capable of winning this thing.

Comment

Great match that, nothing like the drama of last night's Luca-fest but high quality all the way.
                        It's great to see Bingham in such good form, but I felt a bit for Maguire, just didn't seem to be his night. It's been a really good tournament so far hasn't it.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Yeah it's been great.

I think Maguire was genuinely surprised at how match-tough Bingham has become. He looked a little shell-shocked at the end there.

Comment

I genuinely think Maguire would have won that match if it hadn't been for Stuart's clearance to go 4-2 up after the push shot. He was deffo on track to go 3-3 and I think he'd have won from there, but the push shot was careless.

And as sporting as it was of Stephen to call the foul himself, was the referee not watching? Should've gone to Specsavers!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                              I genuinely think Maguire would have won that match if it hadn't been for Stuart's clearance to go 4-2 up after the push shot. He was deffo on track to go 3-3 and I think he'd have won from there, but the push shot was careless.

And as sporting as it was of Stephen to call the foul himself, was the referee not watching? Should've gone to Specsavers!!
                              Did seem to be a tipping point in the match didn't it. But as you say, it was careless on Maguire's part so no-one else to blame but himself really, wish he hadn't done it though, would surely have gone all the way. Bet he'll be black and blue tonight from the kicking he gave himself.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I'm gonna follow Mark, hoping to see a quality match against Ryan Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X