Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odrl
    replied
    Well well, another century from Davis...

This is really good stuff from him. He's been playing well in various events over the past couple of seasons, but never against the likes of Higgins in an event of this prestige.

Higgins in the balls now... :smile:

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Higgins in trouble again... Some good stuff from Davis to take a couple of close frames, particularly that pink along the cushion, and now a century to go 4-2 up. Higgins could do with winning this frame. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I'm not sure he actually played it. Sure he will say he did because of the fact it makes him look a fantastic player but in all honesty I think his main aim was to get the white up towards the baulk cushion and get the pink safe. To say that he could judge the throw and bounce off a cushion with the pink so close to it and find the line and pace to get in behind the black is just impossible. It was a 1 in 100 shot and he could play the same shot and never get it to land behind the black. For that reason it was ridiculous, ridiculously lucky that is.
    You not a Selby fan then ?
    Great shot tho, lucky or not

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    BBC online stream of Higgins and Davis is pathetic, keeps stopping to buffer every 5 - 10 minutes or so.

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I said to my Mrs. at half time that I thought Luca would go on to win this match, see no reason to think otherwise now he's leveled at 3 all. King is playing pants. Come on Luca Brecilize him!

-
    Nice to see you encouraging my sweep pick! though i'm a realist and i'm not going to win that sweep, i think Bingham will do the goods!

Leave a comment:

• streamer45
    replied
    Anyone recorded Selby's snooker on the black?

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Hey guys

Cheers for that Odrl. I was recording it on the BBC red button channel but they switched matches on the last red of the 6th frame, just before "that shot" I think. .
    So I can't even watch it Daffie style.

-
    A shame you weren't able to watch the end of the match...sucks when they switch matches. Eurosport has a habit of doing that as well.

I just got home...rather late today, so unfortunately there's very little time to watch this afternoon's matches 'my style' Watched a bit of King - Brecel. Tomorrow I'll be home a bit sooner so finally have an opportunity to watch a bit of afternoon snooker.

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Should be a good evening as well. I'll try to see a bit of both matches, but Robertson-Hawkins will be my main focus. Robertson's 1st round performance kind of reminded me of his match against McLeod two years ago, where he also played some awesome snooker and won 9-1. But that was as good as it good in that event, his form then slowly declined and he lost to Murphy in the QF. In the tournaments he's won, he almost never played brilliantly in the 1st round, it was always a buildup to his best form which he showed at the business end. Has he peaked too early again?

We shall see. Hawkins often makes it close, especially in a one-session match like this, so unless Robertson is really up for it, I think we'll see an interesting match. :smile:
    I'm also looking forward to the Robertson - Hawkins match. Starting in around 10 minutes time. Hopefully Eurosport will start with this one...
    Last edited by daffie; 5 December 2012, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Yes, he was. He then made a nice 67 after Day left him in the balls. It should have gone 4-2 later on, but Selby got a snooker on the pink and made it 3-3. He looked a different player in the next two frames and took command of the match, then got over the line in the end.
    Cheers for that Odrl. I was recording it on the BBC red button channel but they switched matches on the last red of the 6th frame, just before "that shot" I think. .
    So I can't even watch it Daffie style.

-
    Last edited by PatBlock; 5 December 2012, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Should be a good evening as well. I'll try to see a bit of both matches, but Robertson-Hawkins will be my main focus. Robertson's 1st round performance kind of reminded me of his match against McLeod two years ago, where he also played some awesome snooker and won 9-1. But that was as good as it good in that event, his form then slowly declined and he lost to Murphy in the QF. In the tournaments he's won, he almost never played brilliantly in the 1st round, it was always a buildup to his best form which he showed at the business end. Has he peaked too early again?

We shall see. Hawkins often makes it close, especially in a one-session match like this, so unless Robertson is really up for it, I think we'll see an interesting match. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    Brecel had some luck but he's through, though can't help feel an 80% or better Murphy will be too much for him but you never can tell. Selby working towards getting the number 1 spot back within a month of losing it. Building up to a good weekend.

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    Mark King might have been on the longest winning streak of his career,I'm surprised there's no mention on here of Mark Williams saying he might quit,ah well.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Amazing shot that, should go down in history
    I'm not sure he actually played it. Sure he will say he did because of the fact it makes him look a fantastic player but in all honesty I think his main aim was to get the white up towards the baulk cushion and get the pink safe. To say that he could judge the throw and bounce off a cushion with the pink so close to it and find the line and pace to get in behind the black is just impossible. It was a 1 in 100 shot and he could play the same shot and never get it to land behind the black. For that reason it was ridiculous, ridiculously lucky that is.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    So Brecel goes through 6 - 4 after being 3 - 0 down, they were both quite poor, I don't remember ever seeing Mark King play so tentatively, but Luca was slightly less poor. Was Selby also 3 - 0 down?
    Yes, he was. He then made a nice 67 after Day left him in the balls. It should have gone 4-2 later on, but Selby got a snooker on the pink and made it 3-3. He looked a different player in the next two frames and took command of the match, then got over the line in the end.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    So Brecel goes through 6 - 4 after being 3 - 0 down, they were both quite poor, I don't remember ever seeing Mark King play so tentatively, but Luca was slightly less poor. Was Selby also 3 - 0 down?

-

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Excellent session of snooker. :smile:

Well done to Brecel in particular, never easy to come back from 0-3 behind, particularly for a player who isn't used to winning on the big stage like he did today. A UK quarter-final is not bad for someone his age. Murphy will be tough to get past, but you never know. :wink:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X