No announcement yet.

UK Championships S/F discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great comback under pressure . . . well done !
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Personally don't feel Murphy was under any pressure hence why he looked so comfortable. Easy to come from behind when you tell yourself that you've lost. 8-4 it was only Ali's to lose. Sometimes a big lead is more dangerous than a close nip and tuck match, Robertson yesterday and Carter today, Trump opening day etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
        Disappointment, 1/2 completed now.
        Hoping for a Selby win tomorrow so that I don't need to watch the final.
        I watched the 2006 WC Final despite not wanting to. All fans of snooker aren't we? I bet you will watch really
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Fantastic match, you just can't beat a tense finish of a two-session match, especially with a comeback like this one. This was the game that brought Murphy his major titles in the past, probably the first time he's performed like this since the Masters. :smile:

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
          Disappointment, 1/2 completed now.
          Hoping for a Selby win tomorrow so that I don't need to watch the final.
          Here we go... :wink:

Comment

That a was 5 great frames there from Murphy, he was at at 8-4 before what did he eat at the mid session interval.

I was this close to putting a tenner on him them but didn't

Great win for him but Carter couldn't get out there quick enough bet he rues not going for the black Hendry mentioned a few times now.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
              I watched the 2006 WC Final despite not wanting to. All fans of snooker aren't we? I bet you will watch really
              Probably will end up watching it, true.
              Still, it will be better if Davis comes through the other side.

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              Fantastic match, you just can't beat a tense finish of a two-session match, especially with a comeback like this one. This was the game that brought Murphy his major titles in the past, probably the first time he's performed like this since the Masters. :smile:

Here we go... :wink:
              You saw this coming (=
              All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Personally don't feel Murphy was under any pressure hence why he looked so comfortable. Easy to come from behind when you tell yourself that you've lost. 8-4 it was only Ali's to lose.
                Murphy was cool under pressure

; )
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Amazing snooker match. One of the best I've seen for a while.

I still can't believe Murphy has won. He can thank that super smooth cue action of his. His technique is very impressive.

Felt sorry for Ali though. Poor sod. Must be gutted.

Comment

I think it was a quite interesting line up for the semifinals with four underachievers playing each other. I know that Murphy and Selby has taken some big titles, but if one consider how often they have been in semifinals and finals, both should have won more. And Carter once again couldn´t handle the pressure. It will be interesting to follow Mark Davis tomorrow, as he´s got nothing to loose, already gotten further than what could be expected from the start. Can he keep riding on the wawe ?
                    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

MD got nothing to loose, not so sure about that being 40yrs old. Be very interesting.
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Is this one of the best tournaments in the last 10 years?

FWIW, I think it is.

There have been lots of close finishes, upsets and even a 147. All that without Hendry and O'Sullivan. It's such a shame that the BBC coverage has been so patchy. Here's hoping tomorrow's semi and Sunday's final keep the same standard...

Comment

Originally Posted by Tred View Post

FWIW, I think it is.

There have been lots of close finishes, upsets and even a 147. All that without Hendry and O'Sullivan. It's such a shame that the BBC coverage has been so patchy. Here's hoping tomorrow's semi and Sunday's final keep the same standard...
                          its not patchy its s**t thank gfod for eurosport! at least they will show you a full session frame and match unlike the beeb who will cut off for some repeated crap thats been on 3 or 4 times already....

the sooner they lose snooker coverage and it goes to another channel that will show the sport properly, the better.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tred View Post

FWIW, I think it is.

For drama and comebacks maybe its one of the best but I think the tournament has lost something now without Ronnie and Hendry, Trump, Higgins going out early and a few others out of form like Ding. Take nothing away from the players who made up the quarter finals but for me the golden age of the legends mentioned above is gone and the players taking their place cannot bring the same joy or quality for me. To see the likes of Mark Davis in a major semi final along with an out of form Selby shows that the game is struggling a little imo.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                              its not patchy its s**t thank gfod for eurosport! at least they will show you a full session frame and match unlike the beeb who will cut off for some repeated crap thats been on 3 or 4 times already....

the sooner they lose snooker coverage and it goes to another channel that will show the sport properly, the better.
                              To be honest i've completly stopped watching on the BBC like many sports that were on it the've pretty must destroyed what they had.

Eurosport is at least in HD and that makes one hell of a difference.

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post

Agree wholeheartedly on the lousy bbc coverage this year. I used to watch every tournament on bbc and they used to air hours and hours a day. This year nearly nothing! Indeed thank god for Eurosport...although the commentators are not up to scratch with the bbc pundits, at least it will air many hours each day and often on 2 channels, so I can tape everything and decide later on which match to watch. The only pundits on Eurosport worth mentioning imo are neil foulds and david hendon, with Joe johnson enjoyable as well...although missing a trick every now and then, which I think is rather 'sweet' instead of annoying Mike hallett and mike smith annoy me to no end often, which is a shame as it sometimes detracts from my snooker viewing pleasure. But as said, full marks for Eurosport for their coverage of the snooker. It may not be perfect, but at least they do air a lot of the matches each day, and cover each tournament as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X