X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Championships S/F discussion

Murphy V Carter

Selby V Davis

Hope no one minds me starting this cant see one and I'm off today!
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

I'm a bit surprised Hills had Murphy as favourite v Carter,I suspect its baggage from his 2005 wc,we'll see..

Comment

Should be an interesting match today. Carter has given Murphy a couple of real thrashings in the past, but I don't think they've met in a major match for a while now. Murphy didn't impress in the last match, I don't know whether that was just complacency or not, but he probably won't get past Carter with a performance like that. On the other hand, Carter's form has been improving nicely, which could make him tough to beat at the business end of this tournament. This is bound to go close I think, with Carter a slight favourite, perhaps a 9-7 victory. :smile:

Comment

I don't know whether to laugh or get mad at Smith and Hallett for not knowing the basic rules, and then misleading the viewers...

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          I don't know whether to laugh or get mad at Smith and Hallett for not knowing the basic rules, and then misleading the viewers...
          Avram Grant managed Chelsea in 07-08 and is pontificating over Benitez now,if the cap fits I guess.

Comment

I'm listening to BBC what did they say?
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
              I'm listening to BBC what did they say?
              They were surprised when Scullion warned Murphy about the three misses situation. Hallett said he couldn't see which red Murphy could hit on both sides, and Smith actually said there was only a "full ball" contact available.

This situation is so common that you would think professional commentators would know the exact rules, particularly if they are former players. And I know for a fact Hallett commentated on a match when Jan Verhaas explained the rule to Ronnie O'Sullivan out loud. So there is really no excuse. :wink:

Comment

Haven't seen anything yet of the first semi today, but will start 'my' coverage when I get home in about an hour time

I'm rather hoping for a Murphy - Selby final on sunday.

Comment

They were surprised when Scullion warned Murphy about the three misses situation. Hallett said he couldn't see which red Murphy could hit on both sides, and Smith actually said there was only a "full ball" contact available.

This situation is so common that you would think professional commentators would know the exact rules, particularly if they are former players. And I know for a fact Hallett commentated on a match when Jan Verhaas explained the rule to Ronnie O'Sullivan out loud. So there is really no excuse. :wink:
                  Please enlighten us. Did the ref warn him or not? I am unaware of the the rules in this matter.

Comment

p.s. I have no idea how Carter is winning this....

Comment

Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
                      Please enlighten us. Did the ref warn him or not? I am unaware of the the rules in this matter.
                      Yes of course, as Smith said, he could see a red full ball, which is enough in this situation. He didn't need to see both extreme sides of a red to get a warning, like the commentators were implying.

Comment

last wc ali said judd is a fluker

look at ali now

two outragouse flukes from which he won two frames

Comment

Thank you, I thought it was the whole ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
                            last wc ali said judd is a fluker

look at ali now

two outragouse flukes from which he won two frames
                            I'd perhaps have been a little more diplomatic but, IMHO, Murphy is playing by far the superior snooker.

Comment

It could have been 4-4, but I guess Carter was always in front, so he will be happy to get a lead from the session. I'm sure Murphy will do his best to stick with Carter in the evening, and he won't panic if he doesn't get a good start. I still think Carter will win though. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                              X