No announcement yet.

UK Championships Final discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice comments from both players at the end there. Selby was simply the tougher of the two tonight IMO, Murphy had loads of chances in an almost entirely multi-visit match but was unable to make them count, he certainly gave us some fireworks trying though!
    A very memorable tournament for me. :encouragement:

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Good tournament. I expected a slightly better final, with more fluency from both players, but I'm not all that surprised that a lot of the frames were decided on the colours. Selby has always been strong in that type of snooker, and even though he wasn't at his best tonight, his will to win was never in question. Nice to see him back as a major winner, particularly after all the hate he once again received tonight.

Looking forward to the Masters now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        Good tournament. I expected a slightly better final, with more fluency from both players, but I'm not all that surprised that a lot of the frames were decided on the colours. Selby has always been strong in that type of snooker, and even though he wasn't at his best tonight, his will to win was never in question. Nice to see him back as a major winner, particularly after all the hate he once again received tonight.

Looking forward to the Masters now.
        I didn't think the final was as bad as people are making out. Okay, it'd have been more fast-paced if it was Ronnie vs Judd Trump. But I found it enjoyable non-the-less.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
          Nice comments from both players at the end there. Selby was simply the tougher of the two tonight IMO, Murphy had loads of chances in an almost entirely multi-visit match but was unable to make them count, he certainly gave us some fireworks trying though!
          A very memorable tournament for me. :encouragement:

-
          Indeed. Murphy always the gentlemen...and it seems very real to me, never forced. Always puts a smile on his face and is very gracious in defeat. Not many players have this attitude unfortunately.

Anyway...I have really enjoyed this tournament as well. The final was very enjoyable. Could have been a bit more I guess, especially with the two of them keeping up with eachother throughout untill the end where Murphy faltered and Selby took a final sprint. It would have been great if Murphy could have been more resilient / mentally tough, or maybe it was more physical exhaustion. But still...very good final.

Looking forward to The Masters in january.

Comment

Congratulations to Selby. I liked the tournament and it looked like there were a great atmosphere and a good audience. I wasn´t too impressed of the final. I like tactical battles, but there were too many easy pots missed, which probably was the reason why none of the two got going.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
            X