UK Championships Final discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Championships Final discussion

Well, I have to say I am really looking forward to watching this match.
    Shaun Murphy has started to produce some sparkling snooker and Mark Selby has shown the grit and determination that got him to the top before.
    My thougths are it will be nip&tuck and a great match.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Well, I have to say I am really looking forward to watching this match.
    Shaun Murphy has started to produce some sparkling snooker and Mark Selby has shown the grit and determination that got him to the top before.
    My thougths are it will be nip&tuck and a great match.
    +1 It has the writings of a great match. And I have no special preference for any of the two players, so it´s just about sitting down and enjoy. Both of them should by my opinion have won more, so at least one of them gets another major title.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Really looking forward to this match. Yes I'm Selby's fan but Murphy has got some terrific snooker skills and I hope it's gonna be a high quality match.
      Can't wait for it!

Comment

I hope it's going to be a good quality match, if Murphy keeps his form from the other day I think he is going to be hard to beat. Selby knows how to grind a win out though so if he gets too far behind he won't hesitate to scrap a few frames.

I think Murphy either 10-9 or 10-6.

Comment

This should be a really good one. We've heard a couple of references to their 2007 WC semi-final this week, as that was their first really big match since they are considered top players, even though Murphy was certainly the more established of the two at that time. They've done their best to avoid each other since, especially in the really big matches, or over a long distance, but in the matches they did have, I think Murphy has the better record, even though he was second favourite in most of them.

More recently, Selby has that whitewash from last season's World Open, not sure if they've met since. In any case, I don't think there is any psychological edge either way, and we know they are good friends as well. Their performances this week have been similar, some good snooker when it mattered, and a bit of sloppy play and complacency here and there. They both found themselves on the edge of defeat a couple of times, but they are both great with their backs against the wall, so this match won't be over until it's over.

I think Murphy perhaps has a slight edge in "firepower" this week, I can see him scoring a bit better, and I would say he is probably the more likely of the two to take an early lead. If he could play like he did in the last five frames against Carter more consistently, he would be very tough to beat here. Selby's advantage could be in the safety, particularly in those final few frames of the evening, if the match is close. He is a great player in those late night hours, especially if the crowd gets behind him as the tension builds. It could go either way, but if I had to call it, I would say Selby to win 10-9. :wink:

Comment

1 all. Think we're in for a cracker here....

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Great dish from Selby to level up at 1-1, and what a red from Murphy, cue power to burn!!

Comment

A good comeback from Selby to get into the match. 1-1
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Good match so far ....

I was wondering, what happened to Jan Verhaas and Eirian Williams? I have not seen them for a quite long time now

Comment

Eirian is still around.

Mark Selby to win this 10-7 or so.

Comment

Pretty good start, a couple of mistakes from both players, but I'm sure the quality will get better as the match goes on. I wouldn't be surprised if it went 4-4 after this session. :smile:

Comment

I believe there's 9 frames in the first session mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
                          I believe there's 9 frames in the first session mate.
                          Is there? It was 8 for the last couple of years.

Although it would make sense not to leave a possible 11 frames for an 8pm start.

Comment

1st session is 8 frames today, not 9.

Comment

Another good break from Murphy. Can he get a two-frame lead for the first time? :smile:

Comment

Working...
                              X