No announcement yet.

UK Championships Final discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selby´s very lucky not to be 2 frames down. They both make too many mistakes, but I favor Murphy at the moment as he makes fewer mistakes.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
      You are joking right? I'm guessing you've never played the game with any pressure on EVERY shot? Seriously, they are both class players. Murphy has had his fair share of luck in the past too. Nerves do funny things. Perhaps snooker isn't a sport you should watch if you don't like luck or nerves playing a part in the outcome.
      You're right I've never played in a UK or WC final but this is early on in the final. The nerves shouldn't really be coming into it yet. Murphy is playing well he's just had an awful and I mean awful run of the ball, not only bad luck on his behalf but Selby has been massively lucky.

Cast your mind back 12 months to Trump vs Allen. Hardly a ball missed, one chance clearance, frame after frame after frame. Two truly top talents who deserved to reach the final because they were the best two players. Here we have two players who have largely rode their luck to be there.
      And by the way I've played lots of matches in pro-ams and leagues and know that pressure plays a part in the game but these guys are professional and honestly shouldn't be missing these balls. Hendry must be wondering why he hung up his cue!

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
        Selby´s very lucky not to be 2 frames down. They both make too many mistakes, but I favor Murphy at the moment as he makes fewer mistakes.
        I count it as it should be 8-2 to Selby now but that has nothing to do with putting £5 on him to win 10-4.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          You're right I've never played in a UK or WC final but this is early on in the final. The nerves shouldn't really be coming into it yet. Murphy is playing well he's just had an awful and I mean awful run of the ball, not only bad luck on his behalf but Selby has been massively lucky.

Cast your mind back 12 months to Trump vs Allen. Hardly a ball missed, one chance clearance, frame after frame after frame. Two truly top talents who deserved to reach the final because they were the best two players. Here we have two players who have largely rode their luck to be there.
          And by the way I've played lots of matches in pro-ams and leagues and know that pressure plays a part in the game but these guys are professional and honestly shouldn't be missing these balls. Hendry must be wondering why he hung up his cue!
          I agree with the comment about last season's final.
          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

If the difference between Trump/Allen and Selby/Murphy really were as big as you make it sound, Selby and Murphy would never ever be able to make it to the final.

Comment

Gonna be a late one tonight.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                If the difference between Trump/Allen and Selby/Murphy really were as big as you make it sound, Selby and Murphy would never ever be able to make it to the final.
                On the form they have shown in this final they would have lost in earlier rounds, no doubt about it. They have rode their luck to be there, not trying to take too much away from them but they really aren't in the best of form and considering the quality finals we've had of late this is a major let down. Sure some fans may find it more exciting that there is a tension and like to see players miss but its not for me.

Every so often a tournament comes round where a lot of the favourites have an off day, go out early and you get shock winners of tournaments. Not saying this is a shock to see either of these two players win but if Higgins had produced decent stuff or Judd not took his foot off the pedal then in all likelyhood one or the other, maybe both would be in this final now and I know the standard would be much better.

Comment

Oh boy this is going to be a real late finish. Enjoyable final so far...fair bit if tactical play now. Hopefully the quality and the tension will pick up still, as i'm fairly sure it will. Going to be a lousy day at work tomorrow
                  Last edited by daffie; 9 December 2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

On the form they have shown in this final they would have lost in earlier rounds, no doubt about it. They have rode their luck to be there, not trying to take too much away from them but they really aren't in the best of form and considering the quality finals we've had of late this is a major let down. Sure some fans may find it more exciting that there is a tension and like to see players miss but its not for me.

Every so often a tournament comes round where a lot of the favourites have an off day, go out early and you get shock winners of tournaments. Not saying this is a shock to see either of these two players win but if Higgins had produced decent stuff or Judd not took his foot off the pedal then in all likelyhood one or the other, maybe both would be in this final now and I know the standard would be much better.
                    We can´t disagree much on the standard of this final. I don´t see any of the two winning as a shock, but the standard for sure is low.

Comment

It's not often the Nugget annoys me, but he has just now with his comments about the final not living up to expectations and that we've been spoilt by the quality of past finals.

It's one thing for the layman to be saying that the only snooker worth watching is one that consists of century breaks and single visit wins, but for someone like Davis to be fueling that argument is disgraceful!

I love the tactical exchanges, probably more so than the big breaks, thank you very much!
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

"Where's the cue ball going" , hahaha.

Selbys butt is getting even higher at times, amazing..
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                          "Where's the cue ball going" , hahaha.

Selbys butt is getting even higher at times, amazing..
                          You mean the butt of his cue, right?

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            You mean the butt of his cue, right?
                            Too right I do. I'm not a gay snooker player mucked..
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

Amazing potting my Selby. Seems he can't miss at the moment.

Comment

Why wasn't common sense used and play 9 frames in the first session and make it a 7pm start tonight. Crazy.

8-6 Selby.
                                Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                                Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X