1978 B&H Final - Alex v Cliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 B&H Final - Alex v Cliff

Just found this on youtube which was only uploaded a few days ago.

Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2K2NUKldHk
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Originally Posted by spike View Post

I did.
    Thanks spike.

Those legendary players give a good drag of promotion to Benson & Hedges before they start, don't they!

[ I wonder if we'll see Shaun going nOm nOm nOm on a Pukka Pie before the finals of the UK this year? ]

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
      I did.
      Thanks spike.

Those legendary players give a good drag of promotion to Benson & Hedges before they start, don't they!

[ I wonder if we'll see Shaun going nOm nOm nOm on a Pukka Pie before the finals of the UK this year? ]

=o)

Noel
      pleased to hear you enjoyed it Noel. Maybe you will enjoy this too..
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-gMKqA4U8

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

pleased to hear you enjoyed it Noel. Maybe you will enjoy this too..
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-gMKqA4U8
        Thanks for putting both these links up Spike........

i always like to see the old Alex footage.....always having a look for new stuff i've not seen on youtube......the match between him & Cliff was a bit different to the Legends match last week........but we all have to concede the passage of time.....not to mention health issues.

Alex was magic back in the day wasn't he.......:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
          Thanks for putting both these links up Spike........

No problem CueAnt. It's always interesting to see Snooker from the 70s and especially of Alex from around that time..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

No problem CueAnt. It's always interesting to see Snooker from the 70s and especially of Alex from around that time..

Yes it is......Alex played with great flair in proper matches but his exhibitions in the 70's were something special......

Comment

Thanks Spike!
              Rare footage
              2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
              2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Here's another small piece of footage from that same frame with Higgins taking victory. The long red Alex potted was typical Higgins..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl67PbH2pEc

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Some more footage here showing what Alex was all about.....enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJeazzuxkuU

Comment

Some more footage here showing what Alex was all about.....enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJeazzuxkuU
                    I use to love watching that tournament when it was on and vaguely remember that break of Alex's from the time it was first shown. Really enjoyed watching that break again..
                    Last edited by spike; 13 November 2009, 07:31 PM.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I use to love watching that tournament when it was on and vaguely remember that break of Alex's from the time it was first shown. Really enjoyed watching that break again..
                      yes i did to mate........there was talk of bringing it back sometime ago......but not heard anything lately....

Alex seemed to come alight in these type of matches, in the doubles & in the world cup 3 man series .....this footage is how i remember him..quick fire entertaining stuff ...he created a great atmosphere for the crowd & thrived on it.........

Comment

Alex seemed to come alight in these type of matches, in the doubles & in the world cup 3 man series .....this footage is how i remember him..quick fire entertaining stuff ...he created a great atmosphere for the crowd & thrived on it.........
                        I have some of his matches from when he was playing in the World Cup from 1981 to 1987 from my own collection...you could always tell how proud he was to play for his Country, even though he never abandoned his style of play just because he was playing for his country than if he was playing for just himself..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                        X