No announcement yet.

Patsy Fagan footage from the 1970s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a feature a couple of months ago in Snooker Scene magazine where Roger Lee met Patsy and presented him with footage of him winning the Dry Blackthorn Cup in 1977. I could be wrong but I thing Patsy's collection may have been given to him by Roger.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick farrell View Post
      There was a feature a couple of I could be wrong but I thing Patsy's collection may have been given to him by Roger.
      Yes it was in the August edition. The final frame of the uk championship of 77 which is on Patsy's site is from my own collection which i sent to Roger to add to his archive footage..
      Last edited by spike; 27 November 2009, 08:59 PM.
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Thanks for those clips Spike. I have seen precious little Patsy Fagan footage but have read about his very light "finger tip" grip on his cue. I wondered how it would be possible to hold the cue so lightly and play well but watching these clips, Patsy seemed very much in control of his cue. I wonder what he teaches in his coaching regarding the grip?
        I think the 1977 Dry Blackthorn Cup final (Fagan/Higgins) was the first time ever that a televised final was contested between two players still in their 20s. If fact, I think you have to go to the 1984 World Final (Davis/White) before this happened again.

Comment

Good one,good to see the old games

Comment

Great site and truly wonderful to see Patsy getting into coaching.
            have to ask one question though- how does Patsy teach people to play with the rest?

Comment

Originally Posted by millwall32 View Post
              have to ask one question though- how does Patsy teach people to play with the rest?
              Patsy was interviewed in 2007 during the uk championship and was talking to Hazel Irvine about his problems with the rest when he was a professional....after 19 years from the game he started playing again and now has NO problems with the rest at all..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by mick farrell View Post
                I have seen precious little Patsy Fagan footage but have read about his very light "finger tip" grip on his cue. I wondered how it would be possible to hold the cue so lightly and play well but watching these clips,
                I didn't know that Mick...hadn't noticed his very light (finger tip grip) looking at some of the footage of Patsy tbh..

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I managed to view some but not all of the video's, it gets so far then freezes. Cracking stuff though... there is very little footage of Patsy about. It's the first I've seen.

Couln't watch the video of Jackie..

Comment

Working...
                  X