Strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange

I know its a bit late now but last years masters programme (obviously produced before the final) had the two finalists and ONLY the two finalists on the front cover

Does anyone think this is strange?

(not suggesting it was fixed, but possibly due to some statistics on the two players)
    wooooooooo snookerrr

Originally Posted by alex_5525 View Post
    I know its a bit late now but last years masters programme (obviously produced before the final) had the two finalists and ONLY the two finalists on the front cover

Does anyone think this is strange?

(not suggesting it was fixed, but possibly due to some statistics on the two players)
    wasnt that because one of the finalists was the defending champion and the other one was world number 1?
    yes, definitely fixed.

Comment

Originally Posted by ja. View Post
      wasnt that because one of the finalists was the defending champion and the other one was world number 1?
      yes, definitely fixed.
      oh yeah, thats true. but why wouldnt they just put both finalists on there?
      wasnt it a bit harsh on stephen lee lol
      wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

Originally Posted by alex_5525 View Post
        oh yeah, thats true. but why wouldnt they just put both finalists on there?
        wasnt it a bit harsh on stephen lee lol
        im pretty sure he was there as a hidden layer in the programme cover photoshop file

Comment

im pretty sure he was there as a hidden layer in the programme cover photoshop file
          if stephen lee was there you would know about it!

i had a look at world snooker.com and they have o sullivan and selby on the 2010 programme, with john higgins on there too? hence being last years two finalists AND future number 1
          wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

what really is strange is that on 2005 china open poster there is hendry and paul hunter and ding and a couple of other chinese guys but no ronnie.

yes he withdrew from that tournament but he officially confirmed it only like a couple of days before the start of the tournament.......

ooh conspiracy

Comment

hmm i didnt watch that.

why is there conspiracy?
              wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

ok the conspiracy reference was sarcastic because it doesnt really matter who is on the programme cover as long as its a snooker player. whats more importans is that whoever designs these programmes needs to be sacked.

Comment

i hope you arnt suggesting im an idiot for making this thread. i did say "(*not suggesting it was fixed*, but possibly due to some statistics on the two players)"
                  i just thought it was interesting how the statistics can be true (ronnie being number 1 and selby being previous winner) indicating they would both reach the final. good stuff
                  wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

yes you are right, because statistically the person who won more frames than everyone else the previous year usually is a defending champion and the person who statistically has more ranking points usually is called world number 1, which makes both of them worth putting on the programme cover.
                    it has nothing to do with their chanses to get to the final because the 2008 masters programme cover featured ronnie, higgins and steve davis. all lost in the 1st round.

Comment

yes you are right, because statistically the person who won more frames than everyone else the previous year usually is a defending champion and the person who statistically has more ranking points usually is called world number 1, which makes both of them worth putting on the programme cover.
                      it has nothing to do with their chanses to get to the final because the 2008 masters programme cover featured ronnie, higgins and steve davis. all lost in the 1st round.
                      So 2010 another even year number. Must mean Selby, O'Sullivan and Higgins all gonna lose in the 1st round.
                      Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                      X