No announcement yet.

First POT BLACK 100 break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friends highest break is 144. Can be annoying to have such a high break because there isn't much room for improvement. Basically just has to go for maxes to beat his highest break. How many days must it have taken for steady Eddy to make a 141 lol

Comment

not much of a cue action as such but it works!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Am I right in remembering reading somewhere that there was, in olden times, an orange ball placed midway between black and pink?

Comment

First POT BLACK 100 break

Ambi - you are thinking of Snooker Plus where there was an orange ball between the blue and pick and a purple ball between the blue and brown. Look up snooker plus on Wiki and see the history. Didn't really catch on.
          Nothing to do with Pot Black on BBC.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I have a set

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              I have a set
              1) Have you played snooker plus with them? And...

2) If so, did you play as normal, or were you always trying for position on the purple?

Id like to give it a go sometime, but I cant find the proper balls. Thought about getting a set of 2 1/16 " pool balls and using the five and the four. Seems a bit much just to give it a try.

Comment

Originally Posted by chessking View Post
                1) Have you played snooker plus with them? And...

2) If so, did you play as normal, or were you always trying for position on the purple?

Id like to give it a go sometime, but I cant find the proper balls. Thought about getting a set of 2 1/16 " pool balls and using the five and the four. Seems a bit much just to give it a try.
                We play snooker plus sometimes at the club. Good bit of fun if you want to try something different.

Maybe get yourself a set of the new English billiard balls with the spotted yellow and spotted white ball.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aramith-Pr...item3cee6e7c51

Then you can play billiards too.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                  We play snooker plus sometimes at the club. Good bit of fun if you want to try something different.

Maybe get yourself a set of the new English billiard balls with the spotted yellow and spotted white ball.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aramith-Pr...item3cee6e7c51

Then you can play billiards too.

Not a bad idea. We play some billiards now using snooker balls, but I should probably get a proper set.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                    Me too. I am suprised that the commentators didn't even mention it. Maybe they didn't think a maximum was possible?

: )
                    We are talking Ted Lowe...

Comment

Working...
                    X