• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliff Wilson aged 17 playing Joe Davis and talikng to Davis Vine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4mxH...ature=youtu.be

Hope you like it :snooker::snooker:

David Vine sorry
    Last edited by Son of Cliff; 5 September 2016, 10:53 AM.
    Welsh Is Best

lovely video, thanks for posting

Comment

Yep very nice chat there

Comment

Great clip.

Comment

How's this for sad, one of my greatest honours was playing on the next table to Cliff in Cannons in Newport, legend.

Comment

Nice little video......

I had the pleasure of playing Cliff many moons ago when he came to our club to do an exhibition, what a great night that was!!

A true gent.....!!
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Nice clip. Did your father give you any advice (technique etc..) regarding how to play because you got to a very good standard yourself as a player (I am assuming this is Michael Wilson). Any pearls of wisdom from the great man would be appreciated. I was at the UK Championships in Preston in 1992 to watch him beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 9-8. Cliff was rock solid in that match.

Comment

"Did we get away with it!?" - Classic!

That's a lovely clip, thanks for posting it.

Comment

What a brilliant bit of history it would be great if the member who posted it could dig around for some more clips.

Comment

Thanks for this, would love to see more of Cliff in action. Looks like this clip comes from a 'Snooker Break' segment during the 1984 World Championship.

I remember seeing quite a bit of Cliff on TV back in the 80's and he was never less than entertaining but a look on Cue Tracker shows that he actually won very few televised matches on the pro circuit. Bizarrely his only victory in front of the cameras in his first six seasons appears to have been a 5-2 drubbing of Jimmy White in the 1982 Jameson. His next televised victory in the 1985 Rothmans is available on YouTube. He also recorded televised victories against Tony Drago, Tony Knowles and John Virgo. I also have a rare HTV documentary from 1982 in my collection called The Green Green Baize, which features Cliff.

Certainly a cult figure within the game if ever there was one.

Comment

Hi Mick it is Mike by the way, I can make the odd 100 still but hardly play anymore. The old man never gave me much advice I learnt by just playing and watching like most other players, and yes Cliff had a 100% record against Ronnie.
                      Welsh Is Best

Comment

Amazing clip.Thank you so much.

Comment

Thanks, that was great.
                          Cliff Wilson to me was the hart of snooker when I started watching it in 1980. Its a shame but they don't make'm like it anymore

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4mxH...ature=youtu.be

Hope you like it :snooker::snooker:

David Vine sorry

Comment

Great stuff, what a charming down to earth man .
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

A wonderful clip, great to hear cliff discussing snooker and what a refreshing attitude Cliff was the first player I ever saw he was playing Ray Reardon in the UK Championships at Preston the year was 1983. Watching these two great players got me into snooker and playing. I was in my wheelchair. Cliff was a fabulous potter and his exhibitions were brilliant with the slogan "you've never seen anything like it" a great man a legend of the baize

Comment

Working...
                              X