History of a Snooker Nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    so you were about 35 the first time you made a 100 break. That is extraordinary. i have never heard of that before, i need to get back to the practice table I thought I was past it!
    He said 35 Andrew not 45.

Comment

Not having followed snooker or been interested in it really unlike a lot of people on here, I am surprised I recognise quite a few names on that list, to win tourneys, even local ones, in those snooker hay days you must of been one hell of a player.
      You say you weren't good enough Terry, do you think if you had stuck at it when younger it might have been different?
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
        He said 35 Andrew not 45.
        lol I am only 39 my friend!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Sorry forgot the hard paper round.......

Comment

Great read Terry, Jimmy Allan was a cracking player who at his best could pot them off the lampshade.
            Aye, one of the very, very best.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
              Aye, one of the very, very best.
              He even managed to beat me at pool once JB, unlike yourself.

Comment

Great read Terry.

May I ask which Joe Davis book you got and studied at the time when you were still in the Navy?

You should write a book yourself mate though I'd buy it.

Comment

He even managed to beat me at pool once JB, unlike yourself.
                  Nah. He wisny THAT good!

Comment

Great read thanks .very impressive how quick you picked it up to a top standard

Comment

CfcMicky:

I still have the book here although not the same copy as I gave that away when I quit the game. It's the 'Complete Snooker' one which contained all his original content of 'How I Play Snooker' with a few corrections and changes and also with some added content.

Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Out of interest Terry: when you came back to playing snooker, why did you have coaching from Nic Barrow?

If you'd already read coaching books, and obviously put the ideas into perfect practice (making three 147s), why would you want coaching?

Surely the only issue you had was being a little rusty?
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          so you were about 35 the first time you made a 100 break. That is extraordinary. i have never heard of that before, i need to get back to the practice table I thought I was past it!
                          Don't tell me I'm wasting my time at 56 years of age.

Comment

tedisbill:

When I came back in 2005 I struggled for 3 years and then my wife bought me Nic's 10DVD set and I gave him a call and checked things out. He told me he would do the Master Coach level as I had coached before and although he says in his literature you shouldn't train as a coach for yourself, I figured I needed some major help.

As part of the Master Coach training I also took 8hrs of coaching and Nic picked up 12 separate things I was doing badly and most of those can be seen in the 2 videos posted on youtube from 2008.

Terry
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              CfcMicky:

I still have the book here although not the same copy as I gave that away when I quit the game. It's the 'Complete Snooker' one which contained all his original content of 'How I Play Snooker' with a few corrections and changes and also with some added content.

Terry
                              I have a few of his books but not complete snooker though- Just finished improve your Snooker by him as it goes, interesting read. Just about to read how I play snooker. You done well to stay motivated in the Navy too. I forgot all about Snooker for years whilst I was in the forces and wish I hadn't now. Pity I didn't have the same book perhaps!

Mike
                              Last edited by CfcMicky; 18 February 2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Yes, it was difficult when I was in the Navy and I basically didn't play at all for about 19 years or so with just the last 3 when I was posted to HQ in Ottawa. That was where I started playing in more tournaments in Ontario and Montreal as they were closer to Ottawa than Halifax had been.

Terry
                                Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                                X