Professional results missing fom Cue Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional results missing fom Cue Tracker

I find Cue Tracker to be one of the most invaluable snooker resources on the internet with its thorough documentation of snooker results from the past, including a range of minor tournaments. However, it's not entirely perfect as there are a few errors and omissions. It's a particular shame that results and frame scores are not included for team events. I'm also wondering if anyone can fill in a few gaps from the following tournaments:

1983 New Zealand Masters (Pot Black style event with only the result of the final in the public domain)
    1985 York Four Man Tournament (contested a week after the famous World final & mentioned by Willie Thorne in August 1985 edition of Pot Black. Am keen to know the result of the final)
    1986/87: ECT Cellular Framework Challenge
    Am also keen to know the results of the ITV Pro-Celebrity tournaments held between the mid-70's to mid-80's.

Can anyone help with any of the above and has anyone else noted any other errors or omissions?
    G.

There are plans to add Team Events but the database needs tweaking to enable the variants.
    There are plans to expand with Amateur events and the current ones are included already, going back in time will take time.
    As you have stated there are gaps, such as New Zealand and Australian Masters, and some others, which just don't seem to have been reported at the time.

Obviously, if anyone has details of any of the above events and any others, please pass them through and we can arrange upload to the system
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cheers Dean, look forward to the additions. It would also be good to see league tables included for round robin events, such as the Yamaha Masters, the Professional Snooker League, and the earlier editions of Pot Black as it is not always clear how players progressed or failed to progress in these tournaments.

Comment

Sorry, what is cue tracker????

Comment

http://www.cuetracker.net/

Comment

Originally Posted by gmg View Post
            I find Cue Tracker to be one of the most invaluable snooker resources on the internet with its thorough documentation of snooker results from the past, including a range of minor tournaments. However, it's not entirely perfect as there are a few errors and omissions. It's a particular shame that results and frame scores are not included for team events. I'm also wondering if anyone can fill in a few gaps from the following tournaments:

1983 New Zealand Masters (Pot Black style event with only the result of the final in the public domain)
            1985 York Four Man Tournament (contested a week after the famous World final & mentioned by Willie Thorne in August 1985 edition of Pot Black. Am keen to know the result of the final)
            1986/87: ECT Cellular Framework Challenge
            Am also keen to know the results of the ITV Pro-Celebrity tournaments held between the mid-70's to mid-80's.

Can anyone help with any of the above and has anyone else noted any other errors or omissions?
            G.
            an old thread did mention that Big Bill Werbeniuk beat Doug Mountjoy in the final of the 1983 New Zealand Master, however results from other matches were missing. If i'm not wrong, this could have been Big Bill's one and only individual title, although he was part of the Canadian trio along side Cliff and Kirk, that won the 1982 World Cup.

Comment

Originally Posted by adteh2206 View Post
              an old thread did mention that Big Bill Werbeniuk beat Doug Mountjoy in the final of the 1983 New Zealand Master, however results from other matches were missing. If i'm not wrong, this could have been Big Bill's one and only individual title, although he was part of the Canadian trio along side Cliff and Kirk, that won the 1982 World Cup.
              I did this one and was not able to find any further published results of the New Zealand Master event
              Other events had better coverage ut this one does not seem to have been covered at all.
              I recently got some more publications covering this period and hope to find some more info.
              Obviously, if anyone has details they pass them over
              Last edited by DeanH; 13 May 2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I am not 100% on this fact but I believe that two different men called Chris Brooks have had their career records combined. In the 1992 world championship qualifying Bill Werbeniuk was due to play Chris Brooks but scratched. However, Chris Brooks along with Martin Carolan were killed in a car crash leaving David Taylor without an opponent in the next round. There is a brief reference to this event on the internet:

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/12643648.Snooker/

Cuetracker has results from a Chris Brooks for 2001-02 so this must be a different person:

http://cuetracker.net/Players/Chris-Brooks

If anyone can confirm this sequence of events I would be grateful. All part of snooker's history.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick745 View Post
                  I am not 100% on this fact but I believe that two different men called Chris Brooks have had their career records combined. In the 1992 world championship qualifying Bill Werbeniuk was due to play Chris Brooks but scratched. However, Chris Brooks along with Martin Carolan were killed in a car crash leaving David Taylor without an opponent in the next round. There is a brief reference to this event on the internet:

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/12643648.Snooker/

Cuetracker has results from a Chris Brooks for 2001-02 so this must be a different person:

http://cuetracker.net/Players/Chris-Brooks

If anyone can confirm this sequence of events I would be grateful. All part of snooker's history.
                  You are correct Mick. Christian Brooks died in the crash you mentioned, whereas Christopher Brooks played on the Challenge Tour in the early 2000's.

Comment

Professional results missing fom Cue Tracker

thanks for the information
                    pleasr pm any definitive stats you have and I will also check my sources here and get the database corrected
                    cheers

Comment

I would welcome an updated version of that wonderful publication from around 2008ish??? That listed all the players match records. Pity they didn't include Canadian Opens and in fact all professional tournaments.

Comment

Cuetracker is an amazing collaboration of historical records. It's a shame it hasn't been possible to find complete scores and breaks from early world championships. Maybe they don't exist, maybe WSA / WPBSA have records that haven't been released, or there's someone out there who could help.

Comment

Originally Posted by philezra View Post
                          I would welcome an updated version of that wonderful publication from around 2008ish??? That listed all the players match records. Pity they didn't include Canadian Opens and in fact all professional tournaments.
                          what "wonderful publication" are you discussing here?

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                            Cuetracker is an amazing collaboration of historical records. It's a shame it hasn't been possible to find complete scores and breaks from early world championships. Maybe they don't exist, maybe WSA / WPBSA have records that haven't been released, or there's someone out there who could help.
                            It is amazing that some score just can be found, even some events just were not reported
                            I contacted WPBSA some years ago and did not get a reply, maybe I will try again, but I have doubts if they keep old records. I am ever an optimistic realist

Of course, if anyone notices anything on or have anything that could build CueTracker, let us know; if you have any old information, contact us

Comment

I was referring to the Cuesports Book of Professional Snooker by Eric Hayton. It was actually from 2004. Over 1000 pages...

Comment

Working...
                              X