X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Millzee View Post
    The attire looks a bit different nowadays! Bit funky back then ��
    That's Changing Fashions for you.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Great pics here I remember the white outfit from Alex Higgins, was published in his book.

Best one is Thorburn and his Jakson-like hair
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Awesome picture. I really enjoy.
        Glass Repair & Replacement

Comment

Great Post, Thanks
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

The shooter on the left table (if I'm looking at the same pic you were) sure looks like Cliff to me.

Comment

Originally Posted by rodmac View Post
              The shooter on the left table (if I'm looking at the same pic you were) sure looks like Cliff to me.
              It looks like his grip but I'm not really his stance. His cue (bridge) arm was also more bent, with his left elbow raised slightly. My first thought was Tony Knowles. It certainly isn't Virgo - his stance is more narrow and square to the table. Referees are Len Ganley and John Street.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                Never seen most of these pictures before, but apologies if it's already been posted.

Cliff Thorburn's hair !!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ga...er-in-pictures
                What a priceless collection. Steve Davis spraying champagne over the table in 1987. I doubt that cloth could be reused. Matchroom Mob! I was about 9 or 10 when Snooker Loopy was released and even now still can't decide if it was cool or un-cool.

Great that this kind of link is still working. Maybe right click on them while you can. I love Big Bill even more now I know he lived in a motor home but what a death trap with all the wires and gas heater
                Last edited by MrRottweiler; 4 August 2020, 12:36 AM.
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

20200807_165114_compress92.jpg The Great WT Fronting Cue World. A Great Player, Commentator and a Gentleman. Gone but Never Forgotten. RIP.

Comment

Oh my God, I really enjoyed these pictures

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                      It looks like his grip but I'm not really his stance. His cue (bridge) arm was also more bent, with his left elbow raised slightly. My first thought was Tony Knowles. It certainly isn't Virgo - his stance is more narrow and square to the table. Referees are Len Ganley and John Street.
                      Definately Knowles, back foot right up against the advertisng board, shows The Crucible isn't really a good venue for snooker 'til the one table set up. Some great pics there, takes me back to when the game was closer to the clubs than it is now, same balls, tables, cloths, cues and chalk and hardly any room between the tables.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Great pictures, thanks. I love Snooker history, especially the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Working...
                        X