A bit of Covid19 help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of Covid19 help please.

Since our club reopened (partially) for business, we have been wiping down the table edges and equipment with alcohol based wipes. I have now been tasked with getting a new supply of wipes as our stocks are getting very low.

Initial research on the internet reveals that alcohol based wipes can (and do) have a detrimental effect on wood finishes. Are any of you chaps aware of any damage done to your club (or your own) tables?

Which product/s do you or your club use? I would like to purchase something that will do the job without incurring the likelihood of future costs of re-varnishing etc.

Any input will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Please check post#144 there:

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...10#post1000118

Comment

Thank you fkhan.

My understanding of the Covid situation is that any sanitising item needs to be at least 60% alcohol in order for it to be effective. I get confused by it all I'm afraid. There is quite a bit of stuff around that 'Kills 99% of germs/bacteria' but will it kill Covid if it hasn't got alcohol in it!

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
        Thank you fkhan.

My understanding of the Covid situation is that any sanitising item needs to be at least 60% alcohol in order for it to be effective. I get confused by it all I'm afraid. There is quite a bit of stuff around that 'Kills 99% of germs/bacteria' but will it kill Covid if it hasn't got alcohol in it!
        These will be a chlorine (or similar) based bleach which will kill Covid-19, etc.
        but of course we can not use them constantly on our hands so SOAP (do not forget good old fashioned soap ) and Alcohol sanitisers are recommended for frequent application

Sanitisers are most spouted because it is easier to carry a little dispenser than a wet lump of soap

I am sure the Bleach-based items will damage the tables and cues and rests more than the alcohol-based.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

These were used at the World senior's championship this year.

Comment

I wouldn't use that stuff on my table cushions ,only bees wax ,if its a club table and the cushions are badly scuffed then it probably is not as important , and you need to sanitise as there may be lots of people playing on it .Ironing the table afterwards with that heat will probably kill most germs on the cloth .There is only so much you can do .

Comment

I have been wiping rests / balls / sides of the table before play, however I think the greater risk is whether your opponent or those in the vicinity have it and spread through the close proximity. I am fortunate that the club I play in typically is allowing 2-4 people in the room which I consider to be lower risk than a busy club.

Comment

Working...
              X