X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY table advice?

Hey guys, I'm new here!
    Name's Andy

I'm coming back home next month and I plan to reorganize my garage and install a pool table.
    I'd like to make a DIY one, huh. So, any advice is appreciated.
    I looked up some ideas on Pinterest here (https://www.pinterest.com.au/superca...iy-pool-table/)
    and read some "beginner" articles like this https://justcraftingaround.com/diy-pool-table/ and this https://recroompick.com/how-to-refelt-a-pool-table/
    still got many questions about the materials and sizes.

I've only played in bars, and I'm not a professional player. Neither a woodworker. Still, I'd like to at least try.

So, waiting for your feedback. Maybe someone had such an experience?

In terms of size, you ideally want 5ft space all around, so depending on the size of the garage that may dictate table size. Less space than that and you may need a short cue for some shots. Can't help you with the woodwork, but personally (if I had enough space) I'd be looking for a second hand table to do up. Second hand tables pop up all the time for very little money. Supreme Winner tables often go for as little as ?250 and are decent tables.

Comment

With the price of timber at the moment. It would probably be better to buy a used table and restore it.

Comment

Pool table prices are going through the roof over the last year due to the Covid stuff ,people are asking stupid money and even getting a new one is hard .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
          Pool table prices are going through the roof over the last year due to the Covid stuff ,people are asking stupid money and even getting a new one is hard .
          I guess it depends what you're after. I keep getting pub tables recommended to me from eBay for a couple hundred quid.

Comment

Originally Posted by JC_snooker_37 View Post

I guess it depends what you're after. I keep getting pub tables recommended to me from eBay for a couple hundred quid.
            I’ve got a Supreme Winner and they are good tables.
            With all the tables that were purchased during lockdown I would expect to see some of those tables making their way onto the secondhand market now things have reopened .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
              I’ve just had a look at the prices and your spot on Mikee.
              My table has gone up by £400 in 5 years from the same retailer

I would still expect some tables to come back onto the secondhand market post lockdown but you’ll have to be super quick to get them.

Comment

If you do make one. Id get a melamine faced MDF. Normal MDF dents too easily. Id get 25mm MDF and glue an 18 or 12mm Melanie faced sheet on top.

Comment

Geoff Large was telling all this in June ,he tried ordering a new match pool table and they all said not till January and he’s in the trade

Comment

Working...
                  X